Advanced Search

Wicked Edge GO Update

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Wicked Edge GO Update

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Here’s another pre-release blog for the WE60 model. This one was published by the Australian Wicked Edge Dealer, Zanvak:

https://zanvak.com.au/blogs/all-blogs/wicked-edge-go-we60-series-portable-knife-sharpener

The official release date is Aug. 16th!

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

Here’s another pre-release blog for the WE60 model. This one was published by the Australian Wicked Edge Dealer, Zanvak: https://zanvak.com.au/blogs/all-blogs/wicked-edge-go-we60-series-portable-knife-sharpener The official release date is Aug. 16th!

I wonder how they got it so quick, and if they had permission to show it? I figured that beta testers would get to show it first.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by 000Robert.
    000Robert
    Participant

Here is my article on the New Wicked Edge WE60 Sharpener. I hope you guys like it!

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Do you have an idea on when the other we60 with the other options will be available? Are we talking months?

Thanks very much!

Marc H

Clay has said to look for the release of the other models this fall, possibly Nov.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Nice review Robert!  I won’t be writing a review as you covered it very well and agree with what you have said.

I am looking forward to seeing how the upgrades pan out, if they match this, it will be a home run for a good price!

Been a long time since I used non broken in stones.. my oh my.. had to spend an hour  with 1/8 bar stock and window glass to get them  tamed to the point of usable on anything other than the practice knife..    There really should be detailed instruction on doing that as it would really make for  a better over all beginner experience if they would break them in a bit before the  initial play time, the end result would be more satisfying on the first go.  Lets face it, that practice knife after the new 200/600 sharpening is about as clean as Popeye’s spinach can lid!   This of course has nothing to do with the WE 60 it is just a fact of diamond stones..

000Robert
    Participant

I can’t wait to see the upgrades myself, Doug.

It would be nice if the stones were broken in when we bought them. I’m not sure what they would cost but I doubt the machines that broke the stones in would be inexpensive.

I used the new stones on purpose for the article and they didn’t do too bad. The practice knife cut the printer paper. And I didn’t fake it either – I’ll take a polygraph test, laughing gas, truth serum, or whatever someone wants to pay for, that doesn’t involve torture. LOL! But I couldn’t leave the edge on my leather knife. So I cleaned the edge up on it with my broken-in 800/1000 grit stones.

dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

micro-adjusting lead screw slide assemblies.

Awesome! May I upgrage WE60 later to add this feature? Or should I hold on WE60 and wait for this version?

000Robert
    Participant

micro-adjusting lead screw slide assemblies.

Awesome! May I upgrage WE60 later to add this feature? Or should I hold on WE60 and wait for this version?

I’m not sure exactly how that will be handled. And with new designs things can sometimes change.

Marc H

WE60 was released yesterday. Now listed on the W.E. website $275.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Marc H

May I upgrage WE60 later to add this feature? Or should I hold on WE60 and wait for this version?

The WE60 is not upgradeable:

Screenshot-4

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    Marc H

I mounted my new WE60 on the base from my WE120.

20220819_143140

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    billabong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 16

Not having ever handled any WE GO, I’m curious, can I ask why the GO WE50 needed an upgrade to this WE60?

Is it cheaper to manufacture or smaller to carry or?

My inexperienced eye tells me it may be a backward step, be kind with your opinions please. 😉

Marc H

All I know is the original WEGO, (WE50) was an extruded base. This new WE60 is machined. The WE60 is a single, stand alone model, it is not upgradeable.  Another, better optioned model, based around this compact WE60 format is slated for release this fall around Nov.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

000Robert
    Participant

Not having ever handled any WE GO, I’m curious, can I ask why the GO WE50 needed an upgrade to this WE60? Is it cheaper to manufacture or smaller to carry or? My inexperienced eye tells me it may be a backward step, be kind with your opinions please. 😉

Did you not see the link for the article that I wrote on the WE60 above? Post# 58069.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.