Advanced Search

Wicked Edge GO Update

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Wicked Edge GO Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Many of you have been asking for the ability to upgrade your GO to the Cam-Lock Vise!
    We’re redesigning the GO to include a Cam-Lock Vise, be more compact and easier to manufacture. We’ll be introducing the new version in two models, one with a Standard Vise and one with a new Cam-Lock Vise, which will be backwards compatible with your version of the Wicked Edge GO as an easy upgrade.
    The new design will be coming out in 2021 but does not have a release date. We’re sold out of our remaining inventory for the Wicked Edge GO and are retooling for the new version! As we get closer to the launch of the new model, we’ll keep you in the loop with details about the new features and when the new model and upgrade kit will be available.

-Clay

5 users thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 404

Sounds good, Clay! I started a thread about it on BFC (Blade Forums dot com).

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Gene Robbins
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

I was able to grab one of the last Wicked Edge Go’s one of your seller’s had in stock (I couldn’t wait for the updated design, although I wanted to!) and, if I’m understanding this post correctly, I will be able to upgrade the model I have with the Cam-Lock Vise, right? (I’ve seen it in videos and looks like a great upgrade to an already pretty easy to use system). Thank you for your time! And I am loving the Wicked Edge Go! (I added the 800/1000 stones and looking to add Strops down the road)

Patrick R
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Hey all! Is there any news on this?

I have a WE GO & I would absolutely love a cam vise for it!

Scott W
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 3

Is there any new updates on release times for the Go version update in 2022?

BBBYpsi
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 16

Looking forward to this to add to my wicked edge go. I also have the wicked edge generation 3. Wicked edge go is to take on the road with me. Smaller footprint. I have the deluxe bag so I can take a extra set or two of stones.

Scott W
    Participant

Any news on this update and when in the year it might hit?

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant

I’m glad to see that she’s finally here! I can’t wait to check the new unit out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Those changes look like excellent, great to see advancements like this!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Scott W
    Participant

When can I throw money at you for the Wicked Edge GO WE60?

000Robert
    Participant

When can I throw money at you for the Wicked Edge GO WE60?

August 15th for the basic WE60 model that will have the ‘New’ standard vise and the ‘New’ standard angle slides. The other units will be coming later.

dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

August 15th for the basic WE60 model. The other units will be coming later.

What are “the other units”? Are they based on WE60 or they are totally different?

000Robert
    Participant

August 15th for the basic WE60 model. The other units will be coming later.

What are “the other units”? Are they based on WE60 or they are totally different?

Basically, the same. It just depends on which units have the standard vise or the lever-action vise, and the standard angle slide assemblies or the     micro-adjusting lead screw slide assemblies.

000Robert
    Participant

I just sent my WE60 article to Clay for his approval. As soon as he approves it, I will upload it here on this thread.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.