Advanced Search

Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Finally I got it to work!  There was a problem…my pictures where not in an “album”.  There were just all there unsorted on my main page.

Not sure at all why that should make a difference but it does and its a deal breaker if you dont have a dedicated album you are sharing from.

Once I created an album and transferred a few over the shareable link works.

Thanks all for the help….now I can get back to the much less frustrating task of changing a motor mount. LOLOL 😛

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

you always change both motor mounts.

CliffCurry
    Participant

Agreed in most cases….with the possible exception being if the car only has 3, and 1 is hydraulic that is known to fail….oh and the car is a 2004 ford focus popcorn car. 🙂

Jobs completed & runs smoother then when we bought it for  $80 and 1/2hr easy labor. Thanks to YouTube once again!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Cliff, you already found out what’s wrong, but for others: what you need to reference between the [ I M G ] tags (or what you apparently also can drag and drop) is just the URL to the pic. Not the URL to a page containing the pic.

Here it works:

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

CliffCurry
    Participant

Thanks again to Mark and all the others on this.  Its just the learning curve I guess.  The sad truth is Ive been a “computer” guy my whole life, albeit much more on the hardware/repair end of things, regardless Im no slouch…usually.

Important Edit:  After at least an hour of analysis, screenshots, redoing the post 3 times when I thought I really had it…I finally have THE ANSWER.

My mistake was in taking a full screen image, highlighting the url in the address bar and copy/paste from there into the dialog box of the Insert/Edit Image icon above.  It absolutely does not work(at least for me) #fail 

Heres a screenshot of the failed attempt:

Here is a screenshot of actually getting it to post:

Is it just me thats old school and tried to highlight the URL from the address bar?  Regardless another Scooby Doo mystery solved!  Simply right click the full screen image and select Copy image URL then paste into the icon above….Jeez I wish someone would have just told me to do that! *cough cough* 😛

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Exactly. That’s the difference between copying the (URL to the) page that contains the image and copying (the URL to the) image itself. I have to admit Google is good in obfuscating that difference 😀 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Anonymous
    Inactive

ON another Note, I have not been able to Create a New Post, I keep getting ” ID error ” in the topic line

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

ON another Note, I have not been able to Create a New Post, I keep getting ” ID error ” in the topic line

Hi EvilTwin,

I’m sorry for the slow response. I was away for the holiday. I think the issue is that you need to select the forum section to which you’d like to post. Underneath the body area is a pull-down for choosing the forum section. Please see the attached screenshot. If that doesn’t work for you, please let me know.

Clay

-Clay

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Recent › Forums › New Topic

Create New Topic

ERROR: Forum ID is missing.

Topic Title (Maximum Length: 80):

Visual Text

OK I went to the welcome forum, clicked on create a New Post ( within the welcome forum ) just as a test

I cut and pasted the above….

Not only that , the lag is horrendous… I click submit and it takes 20 to 30 seconds to actually post my comment.

I’m not trying to be a boo bird, but in my time here, this forum has not worked and continues to be a problem . IM offering feedback… you cant fix it if you don’t know its broken,, those whop say this is running great and looks great are sugar coaters… Go to a Vbulletin run forum and see how a forum should run. I’m a feedback person, most people who had to put up with all this grief would just not come back.. Proof, there were over 7,000 + registered people on this forum.. where are they? I’ve seen five people come to this forum in the last ten days. I don’t sugar coat anything… telling you the forum loo9ks great is part of the reason that no one is here, because if this is great, people will not want any part of it. Harsh words? maybe, but no where near as bad as saying the forum is running great and looking great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

20 seconds lag between submit and post.. in the above comment.
    Every other forum I am on all five.. take a micro second between submit and post.
    I know this forum is in development… but you can’t run a forum off a personal computer..at least not in 2015.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Hi All,

The forum is having performance problems. We think we have identified the cause, and will work to get it fast again. It is hosted on a powerful infrastructure on Amazon Web Services, so it is capable of great performance, sorry that it’s slow right now.

Chris

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

The forum is having performance problems. We think we have identified the cause, and will work to get it fast again. It is hosted on a powerful infrastructure on Amazon Web Services, so it is capable of great performance, sorry that it’s slow right now.

Chris

what about my other problems>> font color is too dim and I cant post a New topic.. 2 people have asked me to post the error message which I have done, and yet no one even recognizes that I have provided the error message at their request….
    20 and thirty second lag, WHEN NO ONE IS USING THE BANDWIDTH is a serious problem..
    OK feel as though IM beating a dead horse… been here ten days and have accomplished nothing… I leave you to your forum good luck with it.. contact me when you get it up[ and running.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I just happened to be cruising the website for fun and noticed that on the FAQ pages, none of the photos or video links are there anymore.  In the newsletter section, none of the links seemed to work.  Is this stuff that is lost forever with the move to the new format?

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

We’ll get those links restored; They did stop working as part of the move. Thank you for pointing it out. We are working through items like this, and wish we could get it all done quicker, but we will be making repairs and upgrades to both the website and the forum.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I just happened to be cruising the website for fun and noticed that on the FAQ pages, none of the photos or video links are there anymore. In the newsletter section, none of the links seemed to work. Is this stuff that is lost forever with the move to the new format?

Thanks Tom for noticing it!

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.