Advanced Search

Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I think you’re right, Josh. The search box at the top right works much better than simple search on the old forum (i.e. it simply works 🙂 ), but there seems to be no advanced search function. That’s a bit weird. Surely a forum software platform like WordPress has advanced search?

Any idea, Chris?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I miss the old filters as well and I’ve been hounding poor Chris about it. We’ve given him an awful lot to do and he’s making good progress through the list. I know he’s got his team looking into a more advance search function, I’m just not sure when we’ll get it implemented.

-Clay

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Regarding search, we have it on the list to create an advanced search page that will provide forum- and topic-specific searches. It seems odd, I know, but bbPress doesn’t offer this out of the box. I don’t have an eta yet, but would like to start a developer on it in December.

Regarding a couple of previous items, you may have noticed that, on the recent topics page, there’s now a blue chevron next to each topic that has unread posts. If you click the blue chevron, it should jump you straight to the most recent unread topic (we’re still testing to see how accurate it is at tracking the posts you have or have not read).

We currently have a developer working to add a display of the number of unread posts per topic.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Chris,

Can we set it up so that links open up a new tab instead of using the current one?

-Clay

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

A couple of things I think would be nice.

1) date and time of original posting.

2) ability to log on and post while remaining at the thread one wants to post on

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

Still waiting on a larger font size in the Post field….  the create field font is perfect, but the actual submitted post, displays a smaller font.

Be nice to add the “Underline”  to the task display

Be nice to have an array of smiley faces

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

A couple of things I think would be nice. 1) date and time of original posting. 2) ability to log on and post while remaining at the thread one wants to post on

Just a thought.. if you never log off, you never have to log on….

when I come here, I go directly to recent posts… ( there are only a few new each day…. ) IM already logged on can see any new activity and comment.

Again just a thought.

Bill aka ET

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

A couple of things I think would be nice. 1) date and time of original posting. 2) ability to log on and post while remaining at the thread one wants to post on

Just a thought.. if you never log off, you never have to log on…. when I come here, I go directly to recent posts… ( there are only a few new each day…. ) IM already logged on can see any new activity and comment. Again just a thought. Bill aka ET

I don’t log off, but I do turn my iPad off which ends up logging me out. “Remember me” box is checked.

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.