Advanced Search

Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Don’t know if it’s just me, but everytime I submit a post or navigate around on the new forum it lags about 8-20 seconds before switching to the new page… Anyone else having this issue?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

I’m 70 years old and my eyes are not as good as they use to be.  The orange is too light of a color against the white background. Red would be a more dramatic contrast.

Bill aka ET

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Not seeing all pictures e.g. In the “thankful for you all” thread, I don’t see the picture Cliff posted.

Using same iPad as before forum changed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Testing the waters.. or in this case my home made pizza.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This forum needs to get some sponsors: So you can get some more band width… when I started out as the official Corvette forum factory engineer back in 2001, we had two sponsors. Today in 2015 we have 200. each pay 300 dollars a month to advertise to a captive audience… With hundreds of knife companies out there, this would be an ideal place to solicit some sponsors, advertisers… Now you could not sell sponsorships here for 300 a month because this forum does not have 5 million viewers, like the Corvette Forum does. Sponsor want to see a captive audience… in this case people who are into knives. Just a thought to help grow this forum, and more interest in Wicked edge.  @ 10 dollars a month, you could start to solicit vendors, sponsors, who are into knives….. knife magazines, knife manufacturers, knife shows, lanyards, sheaths,  etc. Just a thought to generate a little money to add bandwidth to this forum, so it doesn’t run so slow.

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Ive re-added the photo twice.  It will show up for a few hours but then disappears.

The image was directly copy/pasted from my online google photos album.  If I should be posting differently to have them show up inline Id sure like to know…?

Anonymous
    Inactive

If google hosts your on line photos, then there is something wrong there… can you post a link to your on line album? Can you contact google support, to find out why your images are not available 24/7.

I have a professional web hosting sight with 80,000 photos securely housed there for immediate embedding. I’ve been around this stuff for a long time, Unless the site goes down for maintenance for some reason, once the photos are hosted, they should be available 24/7

Good luck

Bill aka ET

CliffCurry
    Participant

Heres the link to my google photo that keep disappearing:
    https://goo.gl/photos/16u8Y5QovPUxErUFA

I havent been sharing it as a link, but just copying & pasting the image directly into the body of post.  Maybe I should also attach it below the post as a file?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was going to go to your google album and see if I could find anything wrong with it… I can also host your photo for you, if you like… you can send it to me if you want and I can then host it for you… then we can see if the problem is google.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you don’t understand just say so, Ive been doing this stuff for 30 years……IM more than happy to help you.

CliffCurry
    Participant

Appreciate the offer to host and help troubleshoot.  Id rather just keep my photos where they are and figure out what the problem is as it sits.

Im probably not inserting the image correctly.  Again for whoever reads this…I have been simply cutting & pasting into the body of the post.  It works but then later it disappears.

Should I be posting a URL inside something like this: [pic] https://goo.gl/photos/16u8Y5QovPUxErUFA[/pic]

Anonymous
    Inactive

you can click on the last icon above on the right then paste the url in the drop down field

Josh
    Participant

you can click on the last icon above on the right then paste the url in the drop down field

That’s correct Cliff, instead of posting it directly into the main body of text, above where you are typing you will notice a symbol next to the hyperlink symbol that looks like a mountain, that’s what you click on and insert your picture link. Testing this one to make sure it works using the same method from my google + album…

CliffCurry
    Participant

Josh, thanks for the help with this as well…I am still stuck.

How are you specifically getting the link from your google photo album?  Shareable link?  Or right click the image and Copy Image URL?

Ive tried both and more in the dialog box that opens up after you hit the Mountain Icon….arghhh, feeling slightly oafish! 🙁

Josh
    Participant

Josh, thanks for the help with this as well…I am still stuck. How are you specifically getting the link from your google photo album? Shareable link? Or right click the image and Copy Image URL? Ive tried both and more in the dialog box that opens up after you hit the Mountain Icon….arghhh, feeling slightly oafish! :(

Yes I enter the picture so it’s full screen on my Google + page then right click and copy the url… Then put it in the url box here and don’t change any settings and it works perfect. Send me the link to your album and I’ll see if I can get it to post…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.