Advanced Search

Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I’m glad the blue is an improvement! As always, thanks for the feedback. Mark, thanks for pointing out the lengthy date format. We’ve switched that to a shorter format (MM/DD/YYYY).

• See below for a screengrab from our dev (beta) site where we try things out before applying them here.
      • Let me know if you like the gray border around each reply.
      • We’re experimenting with a navigation widget (red circle, lower right) that allows you to jump to the top of the page, or elsewhere. It’s got more functionality than the current ‘back to top’ arrow.
      • We’re also trying to bring back the ‘Thanks’ functionality. You can see it in this screengrab, but it’s pretty hidden, and we would like to show the sum of Thanks for each author. Adding this ‘Thanks’ functionality is probably a longer-term project.

2015-12-04_06-27-54

Absolutely love the separation lines! Great call on how to implement that. Looking forward to it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

to further explain, I go to recent post first. I have been trying to add a topic from within the recent post field. I can make comment to existing recent posts, but cant just add a new topic. I understand now that it takes the extra step of making drop down selection in the forums drop down as to which actual forum you wish to create a new topic.

I assumed that if I was in a knife photo thread, and I got there via ( recent posts ) I was in the knife photo forum and could just go up and create a new post.

ON another note, the font color ( blue ) is so much easier on my  70 year old eyes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

One other thought. I am so excited that this forum is starting to come together,…the blue font color makes a big difference… Thank you .

To the developer.  the font size used to create a comment. is absolutely perfect. But once it is submitted and actually posted in the forum, the font size is smaller. This makes it a little harder to read.. MY suggestion would be to make the actual forum font as big as the Visual creation field used to create a comment..

Bill aka ET

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

One other thought. I am so excited that this forum is starting to come together,…the blue font color makes a big difference… Thank you . To the developer. the font size used to create a comment. is absolutely perfect. But once it is submitted and actually posted in the forum, the font size is smaller. This makes it a little harder to read.. MY suggestion would be to make the actual forum font as big as the Visual creation field used to create a comment.. Bill aka ET

Thanks Bill! We will make steady progress over the next couple of weeks. I’ll use the beta site to try out bigger text, and will paste a screengrab here (Mon/Tue).

One thing I use quite a bit is browser zoom in. I mainly use Chrome, and they have a keyboard shortcut that makes it pretty easy.

• Find the “Zoom” section in the menu and choose one of the following options:
      • Click to make everything on the page larger.
      • You can also use the keyboard shortcuts
        • Ctrl and + (Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS)
        • ⌘ and + (Mac).

Change text, image, and video sizes (zoom) – Chrome Help

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?hl=enGoogle

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I mentioned in another post… the blue font is great. but for some reason the font size is too small.

When you initially create a new comment in the visual  field, the font size is perfect but when you submit it to the actual forum, the font size becomes too small to read comfortably.. looks like the font size in the create field is 10 and when you post it to the forum the fonts size looks like 6 or 8.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t use Chrome, or zoom. I Use Microsoft Edge on a Windows 10 64 bit  machine. The least amount of steps the better, I’m on five different forums.. and the number of key strokes is critical. I moderate several forums, and over see the engineering of another. Yes I know five forums, ( get a life ) but you see .. I have advanced stage cancer, and need to keep my mind active.  One of the reasons I bought the Wicked edge system.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Thanks Cris, the forun is looking better and better.

My main wish would be an indicication of new posts since you last visited the site.

The option to have a signature would also be nice. So would and option to have a badge that that you’re a mod or an admin.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Mark76
    Participant

Should I simply use a browser or is there a “reading” ap?

The browser works great on your mobile phone. No need for Tapayalk anymore.

Mark76
    Participant

Thanks a lot for realizing these improvement, Chris! The site looks much better.

One thing I’d personally like is to see a listing of new posts since you last logged in, like many other forums have.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

I don’t use Chrome, or zoom. I Use Microsoft Edge on a Windows 10 64 bit machine. The least amount of steps the better, I’m on five different forums.. and the number of key strokes is critical. I moderate several forums, and over see the engineering of another. Yes I know five forums, ( get a life ) but you see .. I have advanced stage cancer, and need to keep my mind active. One of the reasons I bought the Wicked edge system.

We’ll try out larger text next week, and I appreciate having your expertise applied to the wicked edge forums! I can tell that you stay plenty busy, and I’m pulling for you in your battle against cancer.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

For the requests to make it easier to find and go to new topics / new replies…

This is at the top of our list to improve. We are working with a couple of wordpress plugins on the development site, to try and deliver this capability. Neither one of them alone does what we need, and neither one is quite right without some customizations.

Here’s where we’re trying to get:

• Show the count of new (unread) topics and replies
    • 1-click navigation to jump to new replies
    • Auto-track which replies you’ve read

Mark76
    Participant

Those are all great suggestions, Chris! Looking forward!

I wish you all the best with your illness. I hope you get better, the sooner the better!

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I really miss the search filters in the old forum.  Much harder to find stuff now.

I don’t plan on uploading my images so there won’t be any posted by me. Sorry ’bout that.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Those are all great suggestions, Chris! Looking forward! I wish you all the best with your illness. I hope you get better, the sooner the better!

I was not aware of an Illness… Ive not seen any mention of that anywhere on this forum. IN any event, I know first hand about very serious illness, and hope no one has to go through it.

Bill aka ET

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

One big thing I just noticed… not only is there not a way to find the threads I have started (was looking for one from a year or two ago) but there is no advanced search function for the forum that I can find. If I am missing something pls let me know =)

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.