Advanced Search

Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Welcome to the [WordPress] forum

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Looking good! sorry been away since the transition (super busy) but very nice!!!

I agree w/ the others… an option to change the color scheme per user would be killer, or at the minimum separating posts w/ a line or something to break it up would make it easier on the eyes.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

We’re listening to the feedback, and will be trying out some changes, like borders around replies to make them easier to visually distinguish, and different text colors. We’ll by implementing these initially on the previous ‘beta’ server, so please PM me if you want a heads up when those are available.

We’re also working right now to get the wiki and knife database available again, and to try out a couple of new plugins (a ‘thank you’ plugin, plus one that has navigation widgets to make it quicker/easier to move around).

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Montana Edge
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 62

Thanks –  yes just a bit more eye candy would work very well.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Recommendations for mobile devices? Previously, I used Tapatalk. Should I simply use a browser or is there a “reading” ap?

The site now uses “responsive design”, which is marketing/techno speak for saying that it looks great on mobile devices. Just give it a try on your phone!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Any word on how we can go back and edit a post once its been submitted?

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I too am anxious for the edit option.  I need to be able to erase something stupid I might have said in the wee hours.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

Please give it a try, to edit one of your posts. I’ve adjusted a setting, and I’m hoping it’ll now allow you to edit.

CliffCurry
    Participant

The operative word would be “how”….Im sorry but I just dont see an option to edit. 🙁

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I am now getting the “edit” option.  Thanks, Chris.

Cliff; it appears on the bar above your post, next to the “Reply” and “Quote” buttons.

And this line was added, using the “edit” button!!

CliffCurry
    Participant

To display an image ‘inline’ in your post content, it needs to be a hosted image that you have a URL for. For example, uploaded to flickr, google photos, photobucket, etc.

Ive made a google photo web album, uploaded my photos there, and made sure they are under 512mb in size….please help, now need instructions how to get image to show inline as before.

My first 2 failed attempts have left permanent error messages at bottom of post, and the link in post body just shows as link.

Thanks, Cliff

Edit:  I figured out how to add photos inline by simply copy/paste of the image…not the URL as I had imagined.  Lingering error messages along the bottom still a mystery.

Mark76
    Participant

Try:

[ I M G ] URL [ / I M G ]

But then without the spaces. So, for example

[ I M G ] https://japaneseknifereviews.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/tomatoes.jpg [ / I M G ]

without the spaces produces:

CliffCurry
    Participant

Thanks Mark, I had actually went to your last successful post and look and the source code in another failed attempt before good old trial & error and plain stubbornness perfailed yet again!  🙂

By opening an image and simply selecting “copy image” instead of the other possibilities,  you can then “paste’ it right in the post and even visually see the picture in the edit window!

Possible Pro Tip:  I opened 2 windows side by side.  Left side had the original post with the attachments now listed at the bottom of post.  By simply opening each attachment I could then copy it to the right window and paste back into an open edit version of the same post.

I really like having the pics inline to help tell show the progression of things. :):):)

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Hey guys, my first post here.  I have been reading a few days on the new format.  I may have missed this along the way.  Is it still possible to see X of Y unread posts?  An click that link to take you to your “unread” posts on a given thread?  With the previous format if someone started a new thread and got 5 replies I would see 5 new posts.  I would read them.  The next day he gets 2 new posts.  I would logon and it would say “2 New” and take me to the 2 new ones.  Very nice for old threads with 5 pages of posts to go to end to see just the new posts.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

Please let me know your thoughts. Would it be easiest just to make the text black, rather than some text (links, titles, etc.) in orange?

I’ve tried blue on the dev site, just doesn’t look very good. I’m in favor of making it easy to read, as a much bigger consideration than just looks.

Here’s what the blue looks like
    2015-11-20_14-49-11

Attachments:
    Mark76
    Participant

I think the blue is already better than orange. Maybe dark blue or black would be even better.

One thing about the white spacing on the main subforum pages: I noticed that in the column for date/poster an entire line is taken for either the word am or pm. By reducing text size a little (or increasing column width) you could remove one almost entirely white line.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.