Advanced Search

MODS!!! Lets see em!!

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance MODS MODS!!! Lets see em!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 291 total)
  • Author
    Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Here’s a pic of my setup. Nothing special…..but it’s mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome! now if only you could leave it like that and not have to move it without your wife killing you 😉

You must know my wife! lol……..or you have one just like mine!

Lance Waller
    Participant

Here’s a pic of my setup. Nothing special…..but it’s mine!

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I love the snake LEDs on each side of the blade… Probably going to hijack that for myself ;)[/quote]
    They’re only like $5 on Amazon…..lets you get a good look at the scratch pattern on both sides

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Just curious… Why, oh, why do you have 2 sets of everything?!

Lance Waller
    Participant

Just curious… Why, oh, why do you have 2 sets of everything?!

Lol. I don’t have 2 of everything. Just diamonds. One of my sets is old and worn in as you can tell by the colors of the paddles on the left. The new set us in the right. I wore out my 100/200’s reprofiling and had to buy a new set so I said to myself….”Self….you should buy the whole new set, instead of just the 100/200’s because it will throw the grits off. It’s really like having 6 sets of diamonds because since my old set is worn in they are completely different grit from my new set. Then I have my ceramics on the left above the dkamonds….the super fines and micro fines. On the right I have my strops. From left to right….leather with 14/10…..balsa with 3.5/5…..kangaroo with 1 &.5……then nano cloth with .125 & .05 diamonds spray.

Lance Waller
    Participant

Which one of you guys had the extra long allen wrenches on ur swat? Just wondering…..Im gonna do the same I think.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

I use this for the micro adjustment and love my little knobs. A cut off section of allen wrench, medium wire nut, & jb weld. Viola! The lock screw is the one that came with the original arms. It’s smaller in diameter and gives better traction…

For the main arm adjustment and vice, I use a hex bit in a driver handle… You do have to be careful not to over torque but getting things tight is never a problem either. 👿

Aloha

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I think I’m the one with the long screwdriver type wrenches. I considered cutting the down in length, but I’ve really come to like them the way they are. I actually have two of each size – 1/8″ and 5/32″ and keep a set on each side of the rig so I don’t have to reach back and forth to retrieve the right tool. The screwdriver (schraubenzieher) format is easier to use than a T-handle simply because of the space limitations. Even the Allen tool provided by WE is difficult to use when tightening the VSTA screws. I also bought a ball-end T-handle wrench, thinking that it maybe would be more convenient than the screwdriver, but the screwdriver won out. The T-handle was more awkward to handle in terms of finding the socket. The screwdriver seems to do it naturally. See the Photos below:

Lance Waller
    Participant

Cool man. Great ideas!!

Lance Waller
    Participant

Here’s my updated setup with lights and new knobs and handles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Great looking setup man!

What’s you’re verdict on the mini lights on each side? They look to be very functional & practical.

Lance Waller
    Participant

Great looking setup man!

What’s you’re verdict on the mini lights on each side? They look to be very functional & practical.[/quote]

I love them! You can set them in the perfect spot to get very good light on each side of the blade. Only $5 on Amazon. Def go get you one!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Iwaller:

I really like the stainless knobs on your micro-adjusts. Do you have to move the opposite light to keep it from blinding you when you move into get a better view?

I have 12″ long rods. I suspect they’d hit those goose-neck lamps on the return stroke. Huh?

Lance Waller
    Participant

Iwaller:

I really like the stainless knobs on your micro-adjusts. Do you have to move the opposite light to keep it from blinding you when you move into get a better view?

I have 12″ long rods. I suspect they’d hit those goose-neck lamps on the return stroke. Huh?

No…..they arent that bright where they blind you. If they do….you can always move one out of the way.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Aesthetics has nothing to do with why we bought a Wicked Edge?… Or does it?

Anyway. Here are my mods you may or may not care about.

~Steven

Lance Waller
    Participant

Aesthetics has nothing to do with why we bought a Wicked Edge?… Or does it?

Anyway. Here are my mods you may or may not care about.

~Steven

Sweet man! Like the colors. What do you have covering the ball joints? Looks like rubber glove fingers with some kind of ring holding them on?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 291 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.