Advanced Search

MODS!!! Lets see em!!

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance MODS MODS!!! Lets see em!!

This topic contains 146 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  MarcH 12/28/2018 at 12:27 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Looking to see what mods you guys have done to your WEPS. Lets see what ya got!

Lance Waller
    Participant

Alrighty then…. :dry:

SHVentus
    Participant
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 62

cricket, cricket, cricket,………………………………….

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Should have replied sooner. Its a great topic, actually so good I think it needs its own category on the forum. A special spot to show and discuss ongoing tweaks, adjustments, changes, & personal touches we all do to this amazing system. I have several just to the L bracket alone that have made a huge difference in the sharpening experience for me.

As soon as I can Id be happy to share some photos etc. An indepth breakdown of whats been done, how & why, could be invaluable to the new & old hand alike. B)

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1669

Inspired by Cliff Curry… 😉

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 180

I agree with Cliff a separate Category to quickly find all the ideas you guys have come up with

Lance Waller
    Participant

Dude…..I’ve seen every one of your vids already! lol 😉 Yours were some of the ones I watched that helped me make a decision to buy a WEPS.

1 user thanked author for this post.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 121
    • Replies: 2879

I agree with Cliff a separate Category to quickly find all the ideas you guys have come up with

I can do this. I’ll need help finding other posts that belong in the new category, so any participation is welcome :). Are you guys thinking it should be in a whole new category or as a sub-category of something like technique / advanced sharpening strategies?

-Clay

Lance Waller
    Participant

I can do this. I’ll need help finding other posts that belong in the new category, so any participation is welcome :). Are you guys thinking it should be in a whole new category or as a sub-category of something like technique / advanced sharpening strategies?[/quote]
    I’d say a whole other category. I’ve seen lots of post today with people’s mods. Should be lots of material to add. 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Here she is, prepped and ready for powder coat.

Don’t bust my chops too hard 😉

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1669

Don’t busy my chops too hard 😉

That’s awesome! You work at a machine shop?!

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

That’s awesome! You work at a machine shop?![/quote]

Thanks man! No, no access to a machine shop. Did it all on my front porch actually.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

That’s awesome! You work at a machine shop?![/quote]

I’m actually considering playing around with some Plasti-Dip before I send it off to get powder coated. I just discovered that stuff a few days ago and I LOVE IT!! Been Plasti-dipping nearly everything I get my hands on. Haha. 🙂

CliffCurry
    Participant

Clay, you are da man! B)

I’d think there is enough material to cover under Customization, tweaks, & modifications to warrant it’s own category(Edit: Just got home and checked the index listing, perhaps it could merge well with “Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance”? Something like Sharpener Maintenance & Customization? Just thoughts…

Really would be great to post without wondering “where should I stick this?” :woohoo:

Should be an overall benefit to everyone involved. We all love the system so much, having a spot dedicated to sharing possible enhancements is very exciting! Thanks so much!!

I am sure I’m not the only one that checks photos and videos for unique features people have added. :whistle:

CliffCurry
    Participant

Custom powder coating would be baller! The plasti-dip is tempting as well. I can for see some jacked up, tricked out, custom powder coated setups coming down the line around here soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.