Advanced Search

MODS!!! Lets see em!!

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance MODS MODS!!! Lets see em!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 291 total)
  • Author
    Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Here she is, prepped and ready for powder coat.

Don’t busy my chops too hard 😉

Custom powder coating would be baller! The plasti-dip is tempting as well. I can for see some jacked up, tricked out, custom powder coated setups coming down the line around here soon![/quote]

That’s exactly what I want to happen! Users to get creative!

Having experience in Advertising and Marketing, I geek out on the whole concept of niches. Mainly because I consider myself somewhat of an elitist when it comes down to things I’m involved with, regardless of whether it’s a product, a service, an idea, guitars, etc… Niches are a cultural anomaly… Create a snowball effect by collaborating with others who share the same interest as I do? I’m all in… It’s fun. It’s intrinsically motivated. It’s genuine.

I hope the in-house marketing team at Wicked Edge embraces what we do. I think they do considering an online forum has been provided; a platform for priceless dialogue.

I pray I didn’t bore you too bad, Cliff 🙂

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Custom powder coating would be baller! The plasti-dip is tempting as well. I can for see some jacked up, tricked out, custom powder coated setups coming down the line around here soon![/quote]

That’s exactly what I want to happen! Users to get creative!

Having experience in Advertising and Marketing, I geek out on the whole concept of niches. Mainly because I consider myself somewhat of an elitist when it comes down to things I’m involved with, regardless of whether it’s a product, a service, an idea, guitars, etc… Niches are a cultural anomaly… Create a snowball effect by collaborating with others who share the same interest as I do? I’m all in… It’s fun. It’s intrinsically motivated. It’s genuine.

I hope the in-house marketing team at Wicked Edge embraces what we do. I think they do considering an online forum has been provided; a platform for priceless dialogue.

I pray I didn’t bore you too bad, Cliff :-)[/quote]

Maybe I could launch a side business to my main sharpening business… “pimp my Wicked Edge” lol. I could do custom cerakote jobs in any pattern (like kryptek or something) and then incorporate the owner’s name into the graphics… hmmmm 😉 you guys got me thinking! hahaha

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

I’m getting ready to order Wills Mods next week. I fell in love with those handles. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

1 user thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

If we’re doing a comparo, looking for the most bizarre, I want in.

Attachments:
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I agree with Cliff a separate Category to quickly find all the ideas you guys have come up with

I can do this. I’ll need help finding other posts that belong in the new category, so any participation is welcome :). Are you guys thinking it should be in a whole new category or as a sub-category of something like technique / advanced sharpening strategies?[/quote]

I’d say a whole new category.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

If we’re doing a comparo, looking for the most bizarre, I want in.

So awesome!

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

Josh,

Let’s talk more about this. I might just send mine to you rather than finding someone here in Austin.

-Steven

Lance Waller
    Participant

Hell……I’d leave it like that! It would look sweet as long as you coated it or something to keep it from rusting

Lance Waller
    Participant

http://youtu.be/AQKiaDZ1bRQ

Did you dip the parts or spray it on? Also…..is it durable?

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

http://youtu.be/AQKiaDZ1bRQ

Did you dip the parts or spray it on? Also…..is it durable?[/quote]

Yes, I did spray it on. And, yes, it is durable as long as you apply 4-5 coats and let it cure completely. Check out ‘Dip Your Car’ on YouTube for tutorials.

My only issue is it getting into the threads on the arm joints. It makes the thumb screws extremely tight. However, this can all be avoided by shielding the threads and removing whatever is used to mask the area before the plasti-dip cures.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

Quick video talking about Plasti-Dip…

Lance Waller
    Participant

Here’s a pic of my setup. Nothing special…..but it’s mine!

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

That’s awesome! now if only you could leave it like that and not have to move it without your wife killing you 😉

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I love the snake LEDs on each side of the blade… Probably going to hijack that for myself 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 291 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.