Advanced Search

MODS!!! Lets see em!!

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance MODS MODS!!! Lets see em!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 291 total)
  • Author
    Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

That one guy got me on the plasti dip!! Plasti dipped my base black. Looks good. Better than the brown that it was I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

That one guy got me on the plasti dip!! Plasti dipped my base black. Looks good. Better than the brown that it was I think.

Fun stuff, huh?! The key is to go heavier on your 3rd and 4th coats after you do the 1st coat at about 50% transparency and the 2nd coat at about 75% transparency.

If you haven’t already, check out what I’m rockin’ now.
    https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forum/33-off-topic/13414-i-think-this-may-be-the-first

Lance Waller
    Participant

Anybody have a better solution for the padding on the back of the base to rest your stones and arms on? I am now using rolled up drawer liner. It works okay but I am looking for something a little more stable. Thanks guys!!

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Ive been using a piece of foam pipe insulation. I was thinking a larger “pool noodle” would work great too. 😆

Alfredo
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Yup! 😉

Attachments:
    CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Yup! 😉

Ahhh that color coordination does something nice for my closet OCD! B)

Montana Edge
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 62

Hey, good evening. First post. Just a thought on arm rests – I started with a piece of cardboard as my arm rest initially, knowing I’d find something better later. As the cardboard began to get squished and beat up and started showing the swarf contamination, I began to see that I would need a new rest that did not hold swarf and grime and whatnot. It needed to be a relatively soft but narrow rest.

Enter the three ring binder… I cut about 3″ off the end of a black vinyl binder and then stuck it on to the back of the base with Elmers spray adhesive. The width was already perfect. Clean and simple, doesn’t hold anything that could contaminate strops if I accidentally lay them down with leather/balsa/linen touching the vinyl. Pretty much works perfect, and easy to find a color to your liking.

Brent

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

Hey, good evening. First post. Just a thought on arm rests – I started with a piece of cardboard as my arm rest initially, knowing I’d find something better later. As the cardboard began to get squished and beat up and started showing the swarf contamination, I began to see that I would need a new rest that did not hold swarf and grime and whatnot. It needed to be a relatively soft but narrow rest.

Enter the three ring binder… I cut about 3″ off the end of a black vinyl binder and then stuck it on to the back of the base with Elmers spray adhesive. The width was already perfect. Clean and simple, doesn’t hold anything that could contaminate strops if I accidentally lay them down with leather/balsa/linen touching the vinyl. Pretty much works perfect, and easy to find a color to your liking.

Brent

Post some pics?

Montana Edge
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 62

Arm rest ——>

Attachments:
    Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

Oooooh, ok, I see what you mean. That looks sweet!

Lance Waller
    Participant

Ok guys. My new setup. Had to move to the dining room because the wife wasn’t a fan of my stuff on the kitchen table so I moved it to the dining room where we never eat! Lol. New swing arm lamp with magnifier, plasti coated paper stone base and a few other odds and ends. Hope I don’t have to move it again……

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

Ok guys. My new setup. Had to move to the dining room because the wife wasn’t a fan of my stuff on the kitchen table so I moved it to the dining room where we never eat! Lol. New swing arm lamp with magnifier, plasti coated paper stone base and a few other odds and ends. Hope I don’t have to move it again……

I see a Spyderco Rubicon mounted! Haven’t had the chance to play around one of these yet. You dig it?!

Lance Waller
    Participant

Love it! Carry it all the time. I reprofiled it down to 17 dps and it cuts like a champ!!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey guys,

I finally got this moved into its own category. It’s located under Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance.

-Clay

Pat
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 114

What is the real benefit to arm rests? If you set your arms down rather carefully, won’t they hold up well without all the extra fuss?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 291 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.