Advanced Search

Thumbscrew tightening/loosening on the Go

Recent Forums Wicked Edge GO Thumbscrew tightening/loosening on the Go

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Clayton
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Hey all,

I’ve had a GO for 5-6 mo now and have had a great time using it. My one hardware question or complaint is this – I have had a hard time getting the angle adjustment thumbscrews tight enough to stay in place, but still able to be loosened by hand. Typically I can really crank them down by hand and not have problems, but then I really struggle to loosen them. If I just make them snug, they seem to loosen up over a sharpening session and soon I’ll be slightly off of my angle setting without knowing it.

Has anyone tried any aftermarket knob/thumbscrew that allows a bit more leverage, or is there perhaps an advantage to be tried by adding an o-ring or something?

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

This seems to be an issue due to the detent holes.  On the WE 120 I removed the bar and turned it around.. Since I use the angle cube the detents are not important.  Not sure if that can be done on the Go.. but maybe..

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I would try the simple inexpensive fix using a flat washer and split ring lock washer on the thumb screw.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

I’ve had a GO since it came out and I use it 30% of the time or so(also have a 130). I check the tension on the screws on every stone just like I’m setting it up for the first stone. I use an angle cube and re-adjust the angle to the desired degree. Doing this I don’t have any issue with the screw loosening since I’m checking the tension on every stone.

Clayton
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Sorry folks, I just realized I wasn’t subscribed to my own thread so I never noticed any replies. Popped back in here a couple of months later and saw these followups.

I’ll give a try on using some washers to see if that tightens up the thumb screw situation!

Eric
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 17

I’m new to a we 130 also and I’m having the same problem. I’ll give this a try. also having problems with a LOT of debris and shavings falling into the cam locking system. Ill probably start a new tr\hread for this question.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Eric, try reading this thread: https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/thumb-screws-keep-loosening/

and this thread: https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/mods-lets-see-em/page/14/#post-52098

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.