Advanced Search

Super polished edges

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Super polished edges

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 490 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Reate Horizon-D CF, reprofiled to 15 dps and hair severing sharp! :whistle: :side:

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Josh: Are you turning into a night owl? I thought Cliff and I had sole possession until Mark logged on.

Austin Nelson
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 25

Getting all these emails in this particular category makes the spidey sense tingle

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Josh: Are you turning into a night owl? I thought Cliff and I had sole possession until Mark logged on.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Here lately Josh has really been burning that midnight oil. :blink:

Nice work as always man!

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Boy that Reate is one beautiful knife. Nice edge, too!

Alan

Josh
    Participant

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Here lately Josh has really been burning that midnight oil. :blink:

Nice work as always man![/quote]

Yeah, now that I am working for myself I find that I really am more of a night owl lol, working 2nd shift of my own accord! The thing I run into is trying to get stuff done so it can be shipped out the next day when the mail lady gets here, so I work late 😆

Boy that Reate is one beautiful knife. Nice edge, too!

Yes, I am considering getting one… very smooth w/ the bbs and very light weight. Thanks!

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Josh: I see you’ve got the tube of Flog Lube shown in your photos. I’ve never tried it. Any comments on it?

I recently got a bottle of Flitz Rifle, Gun & Knife Wax. http://www.flitz.com/rifle-gun-knife-wax/ Haven’t used it enough to form an opinion.

Josh
    Participant

Josh: I see you’ve got the tube of Flog Lube shown in your photos. I’ve never tried it. Any comments on it?

I recently got a bottle of Flitz Rifle, Gun & Knife Wax. http://www.flitz.com/rifle-gun-knife-wax/ Haven’t used it enough to form an opinion.

I don’t have any experience w/ the Flitz wax… but I know their polish is good stuff.

I really like Froglube so far! Haven’t even really used it the way they recommend w/ heat, but it works really well and is food safe. Also a great corrosion protector, check this testing out.

CliffCurry
    Participant

Let’s keep this shiny train rolling!!!

Spyderco Tuff in CPM 3v

Austin Nelson
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 25

Spyderco Tuff in CPM 3v

Beautiful edge there cliff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh
    Participant

Spyderco Tuff in CPM 3v

^ Way to go buddy! Looks perfecto! :whistle: 😛 Only 42k views on this thread… haha 😉

Finished this one up earlier, hate doing tantos as you have to go through the full progression twice! This is some of the best coffee you will ever taste… extremely delicious, and smooth! From Costco 😉

Aaron
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 18

Josh that CRK looks incredible, nice work! Did you put a convex edge on it? I have an Umnumzaan that I haven’t touched yet. Haven’t decided if I want to bother with the convex edge yet.

The Tuff looks amazing as well!

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

If you have 14/10 strops (even 5/3.5 should in theory work) you can dial back the degrees by 2-3 and strop with moderate pressure and the natural pliability in the leather will give you a pretty nice convexed edge. Check out Clay’s thread on stropping angles for pics of this.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Josh
    Participant

Josh that CRK looks incredible, nice work! Did you put a convex edge on it? I have an Umnumzaan that I haven’t touched yet. Haven’t decided if I want to bother with the convex edge yet.

The Tuff looks amazing as well!

No… it’s a simple V grind, however, there was some level of convexity simply from the play in the rods/paddles so I would say it was very lightly convexed 😉

CliffCurry
    Participant

Couple more from the bench last 2 days. Didnt use the lightbox to shoot these ones..

Spyderco Dodo in S30V

Spyderco Paramilitary II in S35VN

And a really cool little flipper, the G&G Hawk Beetle. Unique design, worth a google.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 490 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.