Advanced Search

Super polished edges

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Super polished edges

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 490 total)
  • Author
    Never Dull
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 5

Wow, how did you get those cool colored lines in the blade edge?!? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Beautiful job…

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Wow, how did you get those cool colored lines in the blade edge?!? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Beautiful job…

I printed the lines out on regular paper and then just put the knife edge down on top. Once I found the right angle to hold the camera so that the bevel would reflect back, I snapped a few shots.

-Clay

Never Dull
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 5

I printed the lines out on regular paper and then just put the knife edge down on top. Once I found the right angle to hold the camera so that the bevel would reflect back, I snapped a few shots.[/quote]

My Epic failed attempt at humor. Meant as compliment to the polished edge.

wickededge
    Keymaster

I printed the lines out on regular paper and then just put the knife edge down on top. Once I found the right angle to hold the camera so that the bevel would reflect back, I snapped a few shots.[/quote]

My Epic failed attempt at humor. Meant as compliment to the polished edge.[/quote]

That’s funny ๐Ÿ™‚ I can be a bit literal sometimes…

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Here are some more recently sharpened knives:

Had a great time with all of these. The Carter knife send in by David McMurtrey is definitely my favorite; Hitachi Super Blue core, hand forged. Sharpened on the Wicked Edge at 15 degrees per side, polished to .125 microns with a variety of pastes including 1ร‚ยต Boron Carbide, .5ร‚ยต Chromium Oxide, .25ร‚ยต Mono-Crystalline Diamond and .125ร‚ยต Cubic Boron Nitride

-Clay

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 47

WOW! Clay the photos of my knife look absolutely amazing. Thank you so much, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it! Again, Thank You!

Don Llewellyn
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 43

I got my first polished edge tonight, doing what is about my 12th knife. It just an Old Hickory paring knife that never did have an edge so I started at 100 grit and went all the wat to 1600 grit. Then I stropped down to 3.5 microns and was suprised how good it looked. It’s not like Todd’s super polished edges but it’s a start. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 80

Getting there! Wear down the stones, change directions with the paddles, spend extra time with each progressive grit, and get the strops biting in instead of ice skating, and it will improve ten fold.

Don Llewellyn
    Participant

Thanks Ed! Posts like that really help get further along, and I appreciate it.

Don Llewellyn
    Participant

I got much more of a polished edge tonight on my Strder SnG.

This is THE sharpest knife I’ve ever had!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

That is a really beautiful knife and it deserves the wonderful polished edge you gave it. It is good to see the WEPS deliver as advertised. But it is not just your new rig that is responsible for that mirror bevel…your skill is already at a high level to achieve that Don. Great work mate!

All the best
    Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster

That looks terrific!

-Clay

Don Llewellyn
    Participant

Thanks guys but honestly if I can do it so can anyone – all it takes is some practice and getting the stones broken in. Once you start really working those stones and strops you can get this finish every time!

John Herron
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 39

Looks like my stones are breaking in, I’m getting a more polished look.
    Jdee

Attachments:
    wickededge
    Keymaster

That looks great!

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 490 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.