Advanced Search

Stone Stops with rebound caps and Nylon screw

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell Stone Stops with rebound caps and Nylon screw

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

I have designed and fabricated a simple stone stop that fits the Current WE guide rods snugly and will not scratch the rod as there is no metal.  The stop is made of natural colored ABS and capped with a removable, highly visible,  Ninjaflex  cap (color subject to change without notice 🙂 to cushion the impact if you slip up.  The stop has a threaded hole on each side for ease of fabrication (Tap straight through) but only one screw is needed to snug the stop to the rod.  The nylon screws are cut to a length of 7/16 but can be shortened with a the 10-32 screw cutter in a pair of wire stripper, if you should want it shorter (same way I cut them down)  Over all height is 19.80mm (3/4″)  with the cap in place.

Cost is $16 for a set of 4 Plus $5 shipping and handling.  Shipping is bubble envelope first class package with tracking.  If you need more or less then 4 that is not a problem, as stops are $4 each.

For payment I will provide the email address and please utilize the  Friends and Family Gift option so there are no fees.

If interested, PM me your Email address with the number of stops you want and I will respond with an approximate lead time using my Paypal address.

As of today 6-14 I am out of ready to ship stock but my machine is busy make more…   I am not a business  just a guy with a hobby 🙂

UPDATE: If you own the older 1/4 rods these stops will fit, but let me know when you order as I will be making some that will fit the 1/4 rods more precisely.  They will not fit the new rods if you upgrade in the future so it is up to you which you want.  difference is about .2mm

Thanks for  looking!

Doug

4stops-with-caps

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by airscapes.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by airscapes.
    Attachments:
    7 users thanked author for this post.
    Brewbear
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 168

Those look very nice!

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

These are airscapes earlier version stone stops I’ve been using for quite some time now and I love them.

tall-stone-stop-upper-1
    I have the new style stops with the flexible bumper caps on order and I can’t wait to get them.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    airscapes
    Participant

Thanks!

Expidia
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 339

Perfect Airscapes.  My PM is on its way to you for a set of 4.

They are perfect to use especially with the LAA as I’m using plastic spacers now, but they are not adjustable.

Very unique design and reasonably priced too.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Expidia.
    Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 11

Hello airscapes,

Sent you a PM

airscapes
    Participant

Thanks Robert, you set, Paul still waiting for an email from you I sent you a couple PMs.

Expidia
    Participant

Sorry I was out to dinner.  Sliders and Chardonnay!   Back now.  Will respond.

Doug

Funds sent.  One set for me and another set for Organic on me!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Brewbear
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 168

Me too! Me too!

I had to wait until my registration to glass class went thru, now I have enough to get a set of four! YAY!!!!

For the love of God, how do you use the PM in this forum?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Brewbear.
    Expidia
    Participant

Brew bear, to send a PM just click on the melbers name below his avatar (or pic)  in my case it shows a dog pic.  Click on my name and it opens a page that towards the top right is and orange circle that says “private message”.

airscapes
    Participant

Hey as you guys get these and start using them, please post what you think about the screw length.  I bought 150 screws that are 3/4″ and then cut each one down to 7/16″  Let me now if this is a good length or if they need to be shorter.

Thanks,

Doug

Expidia
    Participant

Mine already arrived today.  Thats fast fast shipping Airscapes.  I’ll try mounting my LAA and my small knife tonight that I have to mirror the edge as its the one that I replaced the blade..

Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 11

Hello airscape,

Just received the stops to day.   I tried them on one old kitchen knife and so far they work great.  The screw length works fine for me.  If I need to shorten them it would be easy to do.  I do like the 7/16″ length, just long enough to twist on and off with my thumb and index finger.

airscapes
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback on the screw and glad you like them Robert!

Mike
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 18

Doug,

Got the stops in the mail yesterday, tried them out today.  Works great, and the screw length is the right length for my clumsy fingers.  Thanks again.

mike

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.