Advanced Search

How can you tell when your stones are fully broken in

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Thoughts/Theories/Science Related to Sharpening How can you tell when your stones are fully broken in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Derek Becker
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

I’m a new wicked edge owner. I was sharpening a few knives the other day, i found the angle, created a burr, progressing through the grits. Thats when i noticed a couple little nicks in the blade. I sent an email to support and we determined that my stones are probably not fully broken in. My question is, how do you know when they are broken in? When you don’t get nicks any longer? There has to be a better way.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Derek, welcome to the W.E. Forum

Here’s a helpful video:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/683248253138189/

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

I’m a new wicked edge owner. I was sharpening a few knives the other day, i found the angle, created a burr, progressing through the grits. Thats when i noticed a couple little nicks in the blade. I sent an email to support and we determined that my stones are probably not fully broken in. My question is, how do you know when they are broken in? When you don’t get nicks any longer? There has to be a better way.

I break my stones in profiling/sharpening chisels. I look for the scratch patterns on the chisels to be even and consistent. Then I will start using them on knives.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

https://www.facebook.com/groups/683248253138189/

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.