Advanced Search

Favorite/favored carry knife/knives

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I hear a lot of knifemakers’ names bounced around here, but my frugal upbringing and a frugal wife have forever locked me in to the dingier side of the tracks.

But whilst I was browsing, I came across William Henry’s web site. Pricey stuff. Have any of you collector types had occasion to hold one? Is this stuff the top quality they claim?

http://www.williamhenry.com/

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Not in this lifetime or Universe! :ohmy: For that kind of money I could have the new OPPO Planar Magnetic earphones and the H1a Digital to Analogue Pre-amp/earphone amplifier plus a new Fallkniven PXL folder that I sold and now regret. 😉

Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

No but have a look at these http://www.nesmuk-shop.de/en/nesmuk-folder/nesmuk-exklusiv-folder/

I am not sure I like them but like the William Henry site it would be interesting to touch one.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Oh my! Now add a new pair of Dynaudio powered speakers to the above preamp and Planar earphones!
    Seriously, the knives available from the makers mentioned here are superb stuff.

Leo

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Fallkniven PXL folder that I sold and now regret. 😉

Leo

I hate when that happens! So much i almost never sell ANYTHING! 😉

Ken

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Yes, me too! I thought I was finished with knives and the money from my sales went into my new Samsung Smart TV for my man cave…but here I am back to knives again. Oh well, they are in good hands now and I can buy other knives as my piggy recovers. :unsure:

Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant

I tend to give away my unwanted things since I learned a long time ago that the second hand price for most things will not replace it and I think in general if I do sell something I am always unhappy after so I feel much better if I pass it on to someone I know and who will appreciate it .

Leo Nav

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Visit either of the custom knife shows in NY if you want to handle the some of the world’s trophy knives. The March show features more custom work. The November show has a few more tactical knives than the March show but still has a good share of amazing high end knives from around the world. Blade Show is another great place to check out some of these wonderful blades.

-Clay

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Not in this lifetime or Universe! :ohmy: For that kind of money I could have the new OPPO Planar Magnetic earphones and the H1a Digital to Analogue Pre-amp/earphone amplifier plus a new Fallkniven PXL folder that I sold and now regret. 😉

Leo

Sound advice…. :whistle:

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Gib Curry
    Participant

….. I am not sure I like them but like the William Henry site it would be interesting to touch one.

I know, right? …. interesting just to touch one…..

I’m hoping to make it down to Eugene for the Oregon Knife Show in April. (Bob, I’ll contact you once I know for sure.)

I get a little giddy thinking about holding some of the knives there….. but as someone else mentioned, my collection is a couple of paygrades lower down the scale…

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Gib Curry
    Participant

Just found out that the FIRST Annual Seattle Knife Show is April 26th & 27th!!

Very cool…..

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1149863-Seattle-International-knife-show

Also, information at http://www.seattleknifeshow.com

Partial list of makers showing:

Don Carlos Andrade, Bruce Bump, Bill Burke, Murray Carter, Saign Charlestein, Jeffrey Driscoll,
    Erik Fritz, Gary House, Bob Kramer, Captain Bunshichi Koyama, Randy Lee, David Lisch, Kikuo Matsuda,
    Mareko Maumasi, Andrew Meers, Mardi Meshjian, Michael Rader, Ole Pedersen, Michael Quesenberry, JD Smith,
    Tom Sterling, Shane Taylor, Devin Thomas, Henry Torres, Alan Warren, Aaron Wilburn, Francesca Wilburn.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

While we are on the subject of “the best”? I thought maybe a few of you would get a kick out of this You tube/sales pitch? I don’t know if they are #? 1 but boy oh boy? Talk about not on my pay grade? I’ll I will ever do is look and wonder? It ain’t happening!!! :whistle: :blink:

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/japanese-customs/?sort=alphaasc&inf_contact_key=dd40d98492591a9c7fc0b8220b8da2f8e7189f780c56a9a43933d0c99cffb9c0

Leo Barr
    Participant

I got that news letter the one thing I don’t like about it the information they give is rather scant ; if I were to be enticed I like to know a lot more about what I am buying.
    It seems that Kenichi Shiraki is a renowned maker of honyaki blades these are hand forged and folded etc in the same way a samurai sword is made so the prices are actually very good for this maker.
    I can say owning an entry level honyaki that they outperform any other knife the more you pay the higher the quality they are made usually of high carbon steel they are not laminated some are stainless and certainly the finish on that collection is of the highest level.
    There are honyaki yanagibas that are literally thousands to buy so these are well priced it is a shame that knivesshipfree have not rendered the story of them.

Leo Nav

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

I spend $2000. on a knife and I wanted the maker to shake my hand!! But that’s just me? :huh: 😆

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I spend $2000. on a knife and I wanted the maker to shake my hand!! But that’s just me? :huh: 😆

We want pics! B) B)

Or at least know what knife it was.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.