Advanced Search

Favorite/favored carry knife/knives

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

🙂 Kershaw scallion – gift from my Oregonian brother, a factory second, first assisted knife, never managed to cut myself thru hours of play
    Protect runt-just a nice little auto. Snappy
    Crkt heiho- like the blade style
    Benchmade emissary-just a nice little knife

At work, I always carry a Leatherman squirt- tiny, disappears in pocket. Blade. Scissors. Screw drivers. Pliers. Just enough tool(s) that can magically appear from nowhere and save the day.

John Haley
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 32

After years of carrying and searching for the perfect size and type of EDC, I ended up with a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza with micarta inlays. For the past 4 years I’ve been very happy with it. I must admit that I’ve wanted to try a Rick Hinderer 3″ bladed, slicer grind, non-flipper. Having found that I much prefer a high quality knife, 3″ blade, in pocket clip form, my choices are limited.

Stephen Lynch
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

I’ve been carrying an SOG Twitch XL every day for some time, and I recently Got a Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21. Love that knife. that’s become my daily carry.. Almost lost it at the airport a couple weeks ago, as I forgot it was in my pocket & got all the way to security before realizing it was with me.. Luckily they had a shipping envelope for knives and lighters! Whew! $410 knife or $500 plane ticket?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Just to be different, here are some everyday carry knives that would be useful in completely different situations, like Afghanistan! ROTFLMAO! Sorry, old Leo is in a weird mood this morning.

Nonetheless, pretty nice knives eh!

Cheers
    Silly Leo

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

:cheer: Ok, first we have “Leo Mitch”.
    Then we have “Old Leo”.
    Now we have “Silly Leo”.

If we put them all together, we get “Silly, Old, Leo Mitch”.
    Or for an acronym “SOLM”.
    Or a homonym “Psalm”. :woohoo: 😛 🙂

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Cheers
    SOLM

Robert Devault
    Participant
    • Replies: 7

My zt 0550 and esee izula for a fixed blade.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Just to be different, here are some everyday carry knives that would be useful in completely different situations, like Afghanistan! ROTFLMAO! Sorry, old Leo is in a weird mood this morning.

Cheers
    Silly Leo

The top three knives are GO TO JAIL here in California. But this conversion leads to anther converstion where I start chewing on my tongue. 👿

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Cheers
    Silly Leo

The top three knives are GO TO JAIL here in California. But this conversion leads to anther converstion where I start chewing on my tongue. :evil:[/quote]

Why chew on your tongue mate? Say your piece Eamon, especially if it as as thought provoking as all your fine posts. 😉

Cheers
    Leo

John Haley
    Participant
    • Replies: 32

Well… just ten days after saying that I had been EDCing a small Sebbie for four years, and was considering a Hinderer. Yesterday I began carrying a 3.5″ Hinderer flipper with slicer grind. I already like it and it will probably remain in my pocket for a considerable time. No need to sharpen it yet since I easily shaved off much arm hair trying it out. I was surprised that it didn’t feel much bigger or heavier in my pocket, even though it appears to be.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Cheers
    Silly Leo

The top three knives are GO TO JAIL here in California. But this conversion leads to anther converstion where I start chewing on my tongue. :evil:[/quote]

Why chew on your tongue mate? Say your piece Eamon, especially if it as as thought provoking as all your fine posts. 😉

Cheers
    Leo[/quote]

Leo,
    You give me far to much credit for my ramblings! However thank you! The chewing of my tongue is in my strong support of peoples’s right to protect themselves and how California undermines that? Now I probably have said to much already and I will let it go at that. After all this is a knife sharpening forum.
    Thank you for indulging me, Eamon

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Pas de probleme mon ami! I too have a problem with laws that say I can’t defend myself. We can defend ourselves up here to a certain extent, but may not carry for that purpose (either knife or gun…or golf club etc. ) But then they also qualify it by saying…you may, but only using necessary force. Poor me! I can’t muster the necessary force anymore without resorting to a weapon.
    But here we are away from knife sharpening and not in the Off Topic section! Bad Mod!

Leo

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Leo,

You are a bad bad mod! 😛

Your pal,

Eamon

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Leo,

You are a bad bad mod! 😛

Your pal,

Eamon

This quite true, I am! 👿

Best to you mate
    Leo 😆

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Since I am moving to England in a month or so I had to retire my Rockstead Chou as my EDC & this is my new EDC.
    Knife is made by Takeda in a Higo style out of AS steel 61-63 Rockwell .
    Overall length 176mm length closed 110mm blade length 67.6mm height 19.2mm Spine above heel 2.55mm at tip0.6mm.
    It is a Scandi grind although I may put a micro convex bevel on it when I sharpen it .

Leo Nav

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.