Advanced Search

Picture hosting in the 'cloud'

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Picture hosting in the 'cloud'

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

You guys have no idea how much fun Smug mug can be…. it has a very powerful tool to edit photos,, hundreds of tools to clone crop fix. remove redeye, sharpen clarify, exposure, color, B&W, literally hundreds of tools. once fixed, you can save it as a separate copy, and retain the original, or you can over write the original if you so choose.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Remember, for a very small price and my discount code you will have a very professional website… because it is the basic package, its still a professional website. with a lot of very professional tools and support.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Mark this is the URL of that photo mdeweger.smugmug.com/Forum-gallery/i-vqGdJZf/0/X3/2015-08-31%20Tschengla_0100-X3.jpg… it shows mdeweger.. IM guessing that is your last name deweger….. you can remove that by going to the gallery where that photo lives and select customize and then select hid owner… and the mdeweger will be removed from the Url .. but the actual photo will be unaffected.

Thanks Bill, but this was a picture I had already made public. My question is whether it is possible with the basic account to send links out to family and friends for photos/album made private (called “unlisted” by SmugMug). I think this is possible with the basic account, but I’m not sure you need the power account for that.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mark, I think I found a way to get the % off… I can “gift” smugmug to someone and save 40% off of their subscription, as well as 20% credit towards the renewal of mine in a year. I could sign up, then ‘gift’ it to you and we could split the 40% off (so 20% each) and then you can paypal me the $ =)

WOW, that’s real nice of you…. I bring this to you, teach you all the tricks and offer to help you and you guys cut me right out.. that’s a real class act….

seens low lifes and thankless people are everywhere,, No wonder this forum has no life… You just lost me too.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Mark, I think I found a way to get the % off… I can “gift” smugmug to someone and save 40% off of their subscription, as well as 20% credit towards the renewal of mine in a year. I could sign up, then ‘gift’ it to you and we could split the 40% off (so 20% each) and then you can paypal me the $ =)

WOW, that’s real nice of you…. I bring this to you, teach you all the tricks and offer to help you and you guys cut me right out.. that’s a real class act….

Actually I sent you a pm a few minutes prior to you posting this asking you about it which will save us all money =)

Anonymous
    Inactive

You do whatever makes you happy… for me… I’m done here. You think you could tell me anything about Smug mug? Ive been doing this as a favor to people for ten years…I’ve signed up many people over the years…no one leaves Smug mug… when you chose to cut me out, you chose to cut me out…. so I don’t need the treachery….. it was your choice to even post that for me to see… I’m on a fixed income… the effort I put into helping people and the small discount I get from signing someone up is not worth the effort.. My focus is on trying the help people with a professional web host site and offer to hold their hand through the learning process, while giving them a discount in the process..

here is your solution
    RazorEdgeKnives wrote:

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

ET, it is extremely doubtful that Josh’s intentions were treacherous, or meaning to cut you out, or any sort of slight to you. Not his style.

Looks kind of tongue in cheek.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Josh
    Participant

You do whatever makes you happy… for me… I’m done here. You think you could tell me anything about Smug mug? Ive been doing this as a favor to people for ten years…I’ve signed up many people over the years…no one leaves Smug mug… when you chose to cut me out, you chose to cut me out…. so I don’t need the treachery….. it was your choice to even post that for me to see… I’m on a fixed income… the effort I put into helping people and the small discount I get from signing someone up is not worth the effort.. My focus is on trying the help people with a professional web host site and offer to hold their hand through the learning process, while giving them a discount in the process.. here is your solution RazorEdgeKnives wrote: Mark, I think I found a way to get the % off… I can “gift” smugmug to someone and save 40% off of their subscription, as well as 20% credit towards the renewal of mine in a year. I could sign up, then ‘gift’ it to you and we could split the 40% off (so 20% each) and then you can paypal me the $ =)

I apologize if that came across like I was trying to “cut you out” of anything Bill. I certainly was not.

As I posted I could not get the discount code to work that you had sent me (there is no place to enter it). And I stumbled across the ‘gift’ thing, which would actually save more money. I was not sure if you wanted to go to all the trouble of paying for it and both of us paypal-ing you the money, so I was basically meaning (when I posted to mark) that if you chose to not do this and we couldn’t get your code to work, we could do this as an alternative.

I think this is very plain to see as well if you check the time stamp on the pm I sent you vs. when you posted up your above message.

Again, I am sorry I came across this way. So the offer still stands if you wish to do it 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I accept your apology. in the quoted post of the 40% 20% gifting, I know it very well.. my name was not mentioned… so your offer to me is irrelevant, I offered you my help and a discount… IM not interested in any further discussion of Smug mug or its many pluses.. You do whatever makes you happy…Smug Mug is a good website but don’t involve me…
    we are talking a few dollars here.. because you cant figure out how to use the discount code, and thought it was a URL, is not my fault… thousands of people use the discount code to subscribe to SmugMug… my feelings are hurt over this matter,, I came here with every positive attitude and the mission to help make this place more fun… I take lots of medicines for my cancer… it effect my sensitivity. Its probably better that I not come back here, I can be too sensitive for this place. 13 medicines ( twice a day ) most are poisons, clinical research medicines ) and 4 injections.

Josh
    Participant

Wow man didn’t know you had cancer! My brother had a brain tumor when he was 5. He’s 23 now though! Hope you get better man.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was given two years to live October 10th 2013…I have had several surgeries and near death experiences since then… IM still hanging on..I wont take Chemo or radiation and have my family suffer through that horrible slow death end. I don’t want to bring the drama here. IM involved in clinical trails using experimental medicines.. with two of the largest research cancer hospitals in the country. Columbia University Cancer Center and the Abrams Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania Hospital.. the drugs I am taking are all poisons.. I’m sorry I brought down this place, with this drama.. just an FYI. Please don’t offer sympathy or understanding… just drop it, and in a few days I may return… once my head is clear… I may not… I wont bring this up again. I hope you will do the same, should I return.

Mark76
    Participant

Hey Bill, really sorry to hear this. I won’t go into it as you requested.

But please come back, your contributions here are highly regarded. And once it’s time for me to upgrade to the paid version of Smug Mug (14 days), I’ll definitely try to use your code.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I chose the radiation route, including brachytherapy (radioactive seeds) and I’m still kicking after ten years.   My wife is a twenty-one year<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”> </span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>survivor of intra-ocular malignant melanoma (proton beam radiation at Harvard).  My baby brother is a 22-year survivor of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (U of Chicago research protocol).  All of us are beneficiaries of the latest and greatest technologies.  Think positive, my friend, and stick around.</span>

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Josh
    Participant

Wow Tom! I didn’t know that! Glad you and your wife are doing well my friend. Cancer is a terrible thing.

Mark76
    Participant

Hey Tom, I didn’t know that either. Glad you seem better now. I really hope it remains that way. Cancer is indeed a terrible thing. Thumbs up for now!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.