Advanced Search

Picture hosting in the 'cloud'

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Picture hosting in the 'cloud'

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

Here is a shot of a Great Blue Heron I shot… Note the water droplet coming off its feet. took this shot from 40 meters

PICT4516 copy<b></b><i></i><u></u>

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Incredible pics, Bill!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m hoping that posting some photos might help liven up this forum… If these photos are inappropriate, I hope someone will tell me.

more appropriate photos:

toothy edge WIN_20151223_23_21_30_Pro

WIN_20151223_23_29_34_Pro

less toothy

Anonymous
    Inactive

those were taken with my 20 dollar Chinese microscope on my Windows 10         64 bit  machine, then uploaded to SmugMug.

Mark76
    Participant

Nice ones! What stone/strop did you finish with? Also, did you add a microbevel? It seems the edge of the edge is slightly different from the rest of the edge.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice ones! What stone/strop did you finish with? Also, did you add a microbevel? It seems the edge of the edge is slightly different from the rest of the edge.

These are just a few shots I took to show how the microscope is used as a tool… these are not mirrored or anything.. the edge is very obvious from the rest of the blade.  It took me fair amount of time to just get the microscope to work on my windows 10 machine ( 64 bit ).

I was about to throw in the towel with this microscope, when I decided to use my Logitech Web cam software ( windows 10 / 64 bit ) to host the microscope. The software that came with the microscope said compatible with both Windows and Mac… but it did not work, and the user manual file was in Chinese only.  I use the microscope to remove the toothiness… this helps to remove only the minimal amount of steel from the blade. is also verifies a complete burr.

Mark76
    Participant

I use the microscope to remove the toothiness… this helps to remove only the minimal amount of steel from the blade. is also verifies a complete burr.

That’s what we call original 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

off course its original, I’ve only been doing this for a few weeks.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Great stuff! Thanks Bill for the images and the SmugMug recommendation.

-Clay

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Great stuff! Thanks Bill for the images and the SmugMug recommendation.

IM more than just a pretty face… 🙂

Mark76
    Participant

Gents, I’ve got a trial SmugMug account now. And I must say: all of your claims are true 😉 . And it is very user-friendly, too. So maybe I’ll upgrade to a paid account using Bill’s code.

I’ve got a question about account options. Bill recommended a Basic account and this seems to fit all my needs. Except for one? Usually I upload pics to share them with friends and family. I absolutely don’t want them to be shared with the entire world. However, the Basic account doesn’t have “private sharing”, which the Power account does have. Is “private sharing” the option of being able to send a link to friends and family so only they can see the pics? (Which is what I need.) Or is it something else?

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I’m not sure mark, I am doing the trial right now which I think is the power account… I am thinking about continuing with this since like you, I want to be able to have private sharing. It should be a good price if we use a coupon code and pay annually. Unfortunately I tried the link Bill sent and it is a dead page, I pm’d him and am awaiting if he has another to share =)

Mark76
    Participant

Bill, I wanted to post a public SmugMug picture here, but I don’t know how to get the URL from SmugMug that I should place between the [ I M G ] codes here. I’ve already found out it’s not the URL SmugMug shows when you view the pic on screen in SmugMug. But how do I find out what it is?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.