Advanced Search

Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting.

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bonomo
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 17

I saw nothing wrong with your comments. I thought they were helpful and appropriate. 🙂

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

What was wrong was that I scolded someone, unnamed though, publicly. For me this is a no-no! Had I really wanted to scold someone, I should have done so by PM. Everything else was just fine. Someone took umbrage at that last line and told me so. And he was right to do so. It was bad manners at the least.
    I still say that criticizing Clay or WE publicly, hinting that the service is poor and so on, is something that should be done, again, privately. There is little to be gained by venting publicly on a Forum owned by the person being criticized and who is kind enough to allow everyone free use of this facility at his expense. Really all it does is make the ranter feel better while making everyone else uptight and stirring up a general feeling of negativity for the WEPS and Clay personally. Remember always, there are many others reading here who are contemplating the purchase of the WEPS and any wrangling and whining on the Forum may drive them away. It does happen on some Forums but not on this one!!
    This is my personal opinion and I stick by it. I believe the general membership feels the same.The Forum is meant for discussions about sharpening and other things that foster camaraderie, not about ordering problems, snafus or criticisms or displeasure with the WE system et al.
    In the end, it worked out fine and everything ended up to everyone’s advantage.
    In future I would ask that negative commentary and rants about negative service should be channeled to the WE office and if it is not getting through, drop me a PM and tell me your problem and I or one of the other mods will look after it for you. I could have solved most if not all the problems that arose in this thread in a very short time. I encourage those with order problems and who seem to not be able to get through to the WE office to let me/us know for assistance.

Leo

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Hang in there guys, it’s worth the wait. Unlike other cool toys that you play with and then don’t use again the WE is something you will use forever. (at least as long as you use and care about having sharp knives B) )

Michael Bonomo
    Participant

Leo: I guess I am guilty of being one that complained. But my complaint was that I couldn’t get the order placed at all, not that it was taking too long or paying in advance. Clay e-mailed me personally and got things straightened out. Can’t get any better customer service than that. 😉

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

It’s OK Michael! It is all over now and I think everybody understands better. Thanks for your caring attitude mate!

Best regards
    Leo

Blunt Cut
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 35

In future I would ask that negative commentary and rants about negative service should be channeled to the WE office and if it is not getting through, drop me a PM and tell me your problem and I or one of the other mods will look after it for you. I could have solved most if not all the problems that arose in this thread in a very short time. I encourage those with order problems and who seem to not be able to get through to the WE office to let me/us know for assistance.

Leo

Maybe I am optimistic but I perceive negative comments/rants are more than just ‘squeaky wheels get the grease’/damaging/.. A good product + good cust-service shouldn’t have any problem taking punches. WE is an excellent product + caring cust-service; however WE must shield growing pain from customers.

IHMO, 1 good resolution has more values than 10 praises. High-touch goes along with high-end products.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

There is a time and a place for everything… they say.
    My thought is that the most efficient way to solve a problem is to communicate directly and personally with the person most likely to solve your problem. When one calls WE, they are talking to the people that will fix things for them!

Posting to a forum, either this one or any other, is not the most efficient method… period.

Beyond that, a 5 minute conversation can solve issues that hours and hours of text based chatter, mostly promoting misunderstanding, will never do.

It is not a matter of taking punches at all (why would somone being throwing punches, or absorbing them over a product question… the connection seems very strange to me) it is a matter of efficient problem resolution.

Leo is entirely correct IMHO.

Phil

R. Jeffrey Coates
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 55

OMG I hope you get it soon!

If you don’t I’ll lend you mine so you can sharpen your knife before you slit your wrists.

((sorry bad joke)) … I am sure you will get it an I am CERTAIN you will love it.

Michael Bonomo
    Participant

Some folks prefer e-mail and posting to forums over phone calls. Different strokes for different folks. 🙂

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

Mostly that preference seems to me to be rooted in this need for instant gratification moreso than the desire for problem resolution. that approach may seem easier and quicker, but it is simply not either of those.

I talked about efficiency. Consider this, write an email and send it. Wait sometimes a day… or at least a couple of hours, get a response. Find out that the person on the other end only answered part of your question or really di not understand what was written (in my experience this happens far more often than not). Repeat for many iterations. Keep in mind, if you are real good you might type 60 to 70 words per minute, we talk at close to 200 words per minute. So maybe a day, maybe a week goes by, and maybe you end up on the same page.
    Make a phone call, person you are calling doesn’t quite understand, problem clarified and likely cleared up in real time. 5 to 10 minutes and done.

So preferences are just fine, but not neccessarily indicative of the best or most efficient way to do things.

I do lots of technical support. I insist on phone calls, for all of the reasons above and then some. It may be old school to some, but it works much more efficiently, with far less misunderstanding and fewer hurt feelings.

Michael Bonomo
    Participant

I posted my problem here and had a reply from Clay within minutes. Had the problem resolved in the time it took to send a PayPal payment to WE. That’s more than fast enough for me. Of course, everyone’s experience will vary. But condemning e-mail seems a bit silly. It’s what the world is using. That’s why the US Post Office is in such deep poop.

Stephen Lanza
    Participant
    • Replies: 5

Just a quick note to everyone who replied to this topic that I finally got the WE ProPack I that I ordered. I was out of town when it arrived so I didn’t get a chance to use it until recently.

Fortunately, it was worth the wait and after fiddling around and learning how to use it I was able to get some pretty good results.

As a person with an engineering background, I have some thoughts on the design and possible inconsistency (not sure it that is the right word) regarding setting the angles on the left and right sides of the knife. I will attempt to put some thoughts down and get a new topic started to get a discussion going.

In any event, thanks to all that responded to my original post.

Happy sharpening to all! 😉

Stephen

Michael Bonomo
    Participant

Well I just checked my first post and it’s been 3 weeks/2 days since I sent in my order. Sure wish it would arrive soon. Driving me crazy not being able to sharpen my knives the way I would like.:silly:

Michael Bonomo
    Participant

One month and still waiting for my Pro Pack II upgrade. Nothing in e-mail about it being shipped. I’ve already exceeded the 2-3 week backorder. 🙁

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

It would be great if I could help you …
    I can’t. The vast majority of people that might read your post, cannot help you either!
    But probably if you contact the folks at Wickededge, they can.
    Try writing to Kyle, or give them a call.

Kyle Kaplan

kyle AT wickededgeusa DOT com

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.