Advanced Search

Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting.

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Lanza
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

I am writing to find out what the Wicked Edge policies are concerning customer communications. I am a little concerned with how my order is being handled.

My situation is as follows:

About a month before I placed and order, I called to ask a question and had to leave a message on their voice mail. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a response but I was able to find out what I needed using other means.

I decided to order a Wicked Edge Pro-Pack 1 and did so on 02/15/2013. My credit card was billed for the full amount on 02/16/2013. I then received an email on 02/18/2013 that the order was being placed on backorder for 2 – 3 weeks (as per the notice on the website). I expected that would happen but not that my credit card would be charge immediately.

A few days ago, using the website contact page, I sent in a request for an order status but still have not received a response. It is now 3 weeks since my order was placed and no contact from Wicked Edge.

My questions are: is this normal customer service from Wicked Edge and how long are the products backordered?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stephen Lanza
    Milford, PA

Wayne Anderson
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 6

I would also like to know more info about WE business policies and practices. I was about to order a WE Pro-Pack II up untill I saw this post, but now this gives me pause to place my order. I’m looking forward to a positive out come to your order issues.

Wayne…

Cory
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 31

Stephen and Wayne,

Here is my experience with the wicked edge crew. I ordered my wicked edge about two years ago when it was on a one month back order. After one month I received a notice that there was some issues with quality control and it would be another month. At this point I was aggravated but what can you do but grin and bare it? So at sixty days I got another notice that it was going to be another month and I lost it. I wrote to both Kay, and Clay to express my displeasure. The bottom line was they weren’t going to put out a product that they were not 100% satisfied with. They were having some issues with the factory at the time and were behind on many orders but they were taking all of the abuse put forth by who knows how many people so that the product was perfect! Remember even though the company has been around a few years it is still basically a small family owned and operated business that is trying to keep up with a rapidly growing demand. Anyway I waited my 90 days and got my sharpener and have never regretted the wait or the purchase. Perfection may take a while but when it finally gets here it is always well worth the wait! Trust me when I say that Clay and crew are busting there butts to get it out as fast as they can and with the best quality possible!

Nicholas Angeja
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 51

Stephen and Wayne,

Here is my experience with the wicked edge crew. I ordered my wicked edge about two years ago when it was on a one month back order. After one month I got notice that there was some issues with quality control and it would be another month. At this point iwas aggravated but what can you do but grin and bare it? So at sixty days I got another notice that it was going to be another month and I lost it. I wrote to both Kay, and Clay to express my displeasure. The bottom line was they weren’t going to put outa product that they were not 100% satisfied with. They were having some issues with the factory at the time and were behind on many orders but they were taking all of the abuse put forth by who knows how many people so that the product was perfect! Remember even though the company has been around a few years it is still basically a small family owned and operated business that is trying to keep up with a rapidly growing demand. Anyway I waited my 90 days and got my sharpener and have neve regretted the waiter the purchase. Perfection may take a while but when it finally gets here it is always well worth the wait! Trust me when I say that Clay and crew are busting there butts to get it out as fast as they can and with the best quality possible!

Very well put!!!!

Patience guys, it sucks having to wait but the guys at the wicked edge wont screw you. There are a lot of these stories on the internet and they seem to be popping up more and more…. ever wonder why?? the wicked edge is blowing up and gaining popularity and the reason they are growing is because they don’t put out a shitty product. I live in canada and getting the wicked edge and accessories can be tedious at times, so i understand your frustration, and I reassure you they have never screwed me or sent me a shitty product. In another five years there might be WEPS kits in every department store but if we want to have the most current toys right now, there are sacrifices we all have to make.

Anyways, i’m positive one of the wicked edge employees or clay himself will see this post and respond. My .02

Wayne Anderson
    Participant

I guess my biggest concern would be the billing of the credit card for the full amount, but no product is shipped. I am not a fan of this practice. If someone at WE could shed some light on this topic I would like to hear from them. Until then I will sit on the side line and wait to see how Stephens’ issue is delt with.

Wayne…

Stephen Lanza
    Participant
    • Replies: 5

Thanks to all that have replied. I appreciate it.

I do understand the need for having a high standard and wanting to get it right. That is why I ordered the product in the first place. Many folks on this forum and videos from Youtube are the reason I placed an order without getting a response from my initial inquiry.

My concerns are with the immediate billing of my credit card and the continued lack of response from Wicked Edge. A simple note back to me would be very helpful. I would also recommend a change to a policy where the customer is only billed when the item is shipped. This way the customer is informed and concerns about the purchase are avoided.

Hopefully, I will hear from Wicked Edge at some point.

Stephen Lanza
    Milford, PA

Nicholas Angeja
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 51

I guess my biggest concern would be the billing of the credit card for the full amount, but no product is shipped. I am not a fan of this practice. If someone at WE could shed some light on this topic I would like to hear from them. Until then I will sit on the side line and wait to see how Stephens’ issue is delt with.

Wayne…

I understand, but instead of waiting why not check out the place Ken Schwartz’s works, they seem to have quite a bit of stuff in stock, i’m contemplating purchasing the water stones to avoid the wait but then I need to suck up the custom fees:( There are a few places that have the WEPS in stock, you just need to look around

Wayne Anderson
    Participant

Wayne…

I understand, but instead of waiting why not check out the place Ken Schwartz’s works, they seem to have quite a bit of stuff in stock, i’m contemplating purchasing the water stones to avoid the wait but then I need to suck up the custom fees:( There are a few places that have the WEPS in stock, you just need to look around[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I will check this out.

Wayne…

Xbander
    Participant
    • Replies: 68

It is worth the wait.
    Like most, I to had a couple months befor my kit shipped . Last week I ordered some additional stones.
    They let me know it would be a few week back order.
    They asked me , do you want to confirm the order and have the card billed now so when the stones arrived they could be shipped. Or did I want to wate till they come in and pay. If I wait they would confirm I still wanted them before billing and shipping.
    So I know they will offer the option of billing you later, me I want mine shipped yesterday, like everyone.
    They have a great product, they truly stand with there product, to make sure it is right. It will produce a even , sharp edge like nothing else.

As I said before — worth the wait!

Bill Wood
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 30

Stephen,

I too can understand your frustration. I ordered my WEPS the week after I saw it in action at the Las Vegas gun show. I was told I would be about a month before it would ship and I would not be billed until it was shipped. After about two week I made it a point to call at least once a week to check on the shipping status. On the week it was supposed to ship I was told it would be another week. That next week I contacted WE again and was told it would be shipped in 2 days. The evening of the second day I received conformation that it had been shipped. This was a Wednesday, I recieved the WEPS the following week on Friday. As others have stated and I agree, the wait is more than worth it.

I don’t know the internal workings of their business but I am sure they are not slow to respond just because they are just sitting around. I also never got a response when contacting them via e-mail, however I had excellent results by calling. I almost always talked to someone (Kay or I believe his name was Tom). They were very polite and always had an answer within a minute or two, maybe not what I wanted to hear (as far as shipping time was concerned) but always had an answer.

If you call them do it before 3:00 their time. Between 3:00 and 5:00 they are in their shipping department getting orders ready to be shipped out and usually do not answer the phone.

If you call before 3:00 and get the answering don as I did. I just hung up, waited a few minutes and called again. I never had to call more than three times before someone answered. Maybe they were away from the phone or on the other line but I was always able to get someon to answer the phone.

I have always had a business for the past thirty years but The one thing I do not understand is why there is always a delay (back ordered items). It seem that their business is growing by leaps and bounds and I would think they would order 2-3 more times more product so they could handle the amount of business they have calls for. Then again I do not have knowledge of their internal structure.

Hopes this helps.

Bill

Cris Scott
    Participant

Wayne,

If your thinking about ordering you can also contact Bob Nash at Oldawan Tools. When I originally ordered my kit, he was on the road driving to a knife show. He took my call via cell phone and told me he would have my order shipped that day. He did! I’ve placed several orders with him. He’s in New Mexico, I’m in Wisconsin…the basic kit plus base was delivered in less than a week. My other orders like strops, ceramics, or the new arms were all delivered in two days.

http://www.oldawan.com/index.html

Wayne Anderson
    Participant

Wayne,

If your thinking about ordering you can also contact Bob Nash at Oldawan Tools. When I originally ordered my kit, he was on the road driving to a knife show. He took my call via cell phone and told me he would have my order shipped that day. He did! I’ve placed several orders with him. He’s in New Mexico, I’m in Wisconsin…the basic kit plus base was delivered in less than a week. My other orders like strops, ceramics, or the new arms were all delivered in two days.

http://www.oldawan.com/index.html%5B/quote%5D

I did call Oldawan Tools yesterday to order a WE Pro-Pack II. I got voice mail so I left a message but I have not received a call back. I am in Wisconsin too. Thanks for the tip Cris.

Wayne…

Cris Scott
    Participant

On his web site he has a message he’s at a knife show (How do I get a job like that). He’ll be back tomorrow.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

On his web site he has a message he’s at a knife show (How do I get a job like that). He’ll be back tomorrow.

He will actually be back in the shop on Tuesday. I spoke with him from the knife show yesterday. I have dealt with bob on a few issues now and he has been very quick to take care of my problems. He has great customer service skills, knowledge and follow through!! I now run all my We affairs through Bob. Oldawan – 505.570.2040

Sol Rabinowitz
    Participant
    • Replies: 4

Waiting is expected with the Web site telling you as much. Billing for an item weeks before it ships seems to me to be an inappropriate business model. I too placed an order expecting to wait . I had not expected to be billed immediately but rather when ready to ship.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.