Advanced Search

Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting.

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

At least some of you guys got an order placed. I tried 3 times to order a Pro Pack II upgrade and it keeps kicking me back saying choose another shipping method. I chose EVERY shipping method available and NONE of them worked.

Michael,

I’m sorry about the issue you’re running into. If you’d like to call in, we’ll take your order and get you in the cue. Here is our toll free number: 877-616-9911. I’ll pass this along to our webmaster to have him investigate.

–Clay

-Clay

Michael Bonomo
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 17

At least some of you guys got an order placed. I tried 3 times to order a Pro Pack II upgrade and it keeps kicking me back saying choose another shipping method. I chose EVERY shipping method available and NONE of them worked.

Michael,

I’m sorry about the issue you’re running into. If you’d like to call in, we’ll take your order and get you in the cue. Here is our toll free number: 877-616-9911. I’ll pass this along to our webmaster to have him investigate.

–Clay[/quote]

Hi Clay,
    I received your e-mail and just responded to it. Thank you for the rapid response. That’s some EXCELLENT customer service!!!

Mike

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hi Clay,
    I received your e-mail and just responded to it. Thank you for the rapid response. That’s some EXCELLENT customer service!!!

Mike

Got it! You’re on the list.

-Clay

Wayne Anderson
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 6

I guess my biggest concern would be the billing of the credit card for the full amount, but no product is shipped. I am not a fan of this practice. If someone at WE could shed some light on this topic I would like to hear from them. Until then I will sit on the side line and wait to see how Stephens’ issue is delt with.

Wayne…

I understand, but instead of waiting why not check out the place Ken Schwartz’s works, they seem to have quite a bit of stuff in stock, i’m contemplating purchasing the water stones to avoid the wait but then I need to suck up the custom fees:( There are a few places that have the WEPS in stock, you just need to look around[/quote]

Hi, nicholas6225
    I checked out the link you provided. I ordered a WE Pro-pack 1 package with the accesorie ball joint arms (that were in stock at the time)and some additional stones and the angle cube. I should be receiving everything early next week. Thanks again for the help.

Wayne…

John Batinovich
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 27

I ordered my WE on Jan 17 and was billed for the full amount on 1/18. I just received the device on Thursday. When I ordered the website was showing a 3 week back order. What happened in between was a few email exchanges and the order being pushed back a couple of times. I do not like the policy of billing right away either; they should bill upon shipping, imo. But WE did say I could arrange that method if I placed my order over the phone.

Truth be told, it didn’t bug me that much. I knew it was going to be a while so I was prepared for that. My take is that this is a pretty small company, so expecting the speed and efficiency of a bigger company is probably unreasonable, especially wit demand increasing for the product.

Nobody likes to wait, but adjusting one’s expectations is the best policy here. My emails were answered and overall I have no complaints. Now I just have to learn how to use it!

Michael Bonomo
    Participant

I am going nuts waiting for the shipment of my Pro Pack II upgrade. I have a bunch of knives, both new and old, that need sharpening, but I want to wait for the PPII before getting started. I do have a new, “modded” version of the original WE that I bought on E-Bay. It has the washers already installed in the arms to tighten them up. But I still want to wait for the PPII upgrade arms to use them. 🙂

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

You might do some knives to get your stones broken in while you’re waiting (if they’re not already)….

Jason
    Participant
    • Replies: 8

Sounds like they are catching up a bit on orders. Kyle is saying my PP2 should ship early next week. I can’t wait. Since I don’t have my WE yet, my wife thinks I have time to paint the living room this weekend.:sick:

Wayne Anderson
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 6

I guess my biggest concern would be the billing of the credit card for the full amount, but no product is shipped. I am not a fan of this practice. If someone at WE could shed some light on this topic I would like to hear from them. Until then I will sit on the side line and wait to see how Stephens’ issue is delt with.

Wayne…

I understand, but instead of waiting why not check out the place Ken Schwartz’s works, they seem to have quite a bit of stuff in stock, i’m contemplating purchasing the water stones to avoid the wait but then I need to suck up the custom fees:( There are a few places that have the WEPS in stock, you just need to look around[/quote]

Hi, nicholas6225
    I checked out the link you provided. I ordered a WE Pro-pack 1 package with the accesorie ball joint arms (that were in stock at the time)and some additional stones and the angle cube. I should be receiving everything early next week. Thanks again for the help.

Wayne…[/quote]

I received my WE sharpening system from Oldawan Tools on 3/20/13. It showed up in three or four days from the time I placed my order, with everything I wanted in the box of goods. Bob was very helpfull with my purchase questions and followed up with an email. I installed the new ball joint arms right away. These work very well. I’m very happy with the results I’m getting. Thanks again nicholas6225 for your help. This was a very pleasant business transaction!

Wayne…

Bryan Marshall
    Participant
    • Replies: 3

Just ordered my WE Pro Pack I from Oldawan and canceled my order I had with another Vendor. It’s been 2 weeks already since I placed my order with Vendor X and according to them it will be another 2-3 weeks before my order ships, unacceptable.

When I placed my order there was no indication what so ever that this was going to be the case so be careful when placing an order with the vendor of your choice make sure they have it in stock or it could be a long wait time.

Nicholas Angeja
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 51

This thread is a wonderful example of the attention to detail and the professionalism of the owners, employees, and the loyal wicked edge users who make owning a wicked edge knife sharpener a happy community. Cheers for the comments, and pay it forward to the next batch of rookies who flood in to purchase WEPS or accessories in the future and get frustrated when they don’t get their toys immediately.
    The way I see it is the more hype and popularity the WEPS gets, the better the sharpener will be, the more accessories become available, and more information will be available on the forum, which makes us all a better knife sharpener:)
    Got a couple of new Kershaw’s yesterday and the factory edge isn’t up to my standard so i’m off to smoke a fatty and continue to break in my new ceramic stones:)
    Nick

Michael Bonomo
    Participant

I agree with Nicholas 100%. It’s nice to see users with a high confidence in a company. But it’s also nice to have a company that you can put your trust in to do the right thing and take care of it’s customers. That is a VERY RARE thing nowadays. Two thumbs up to Clay and the folks at Wicked Edge for their outstanding customer service and for providing a product that is in a constant “upgrade condition”.
    That’s one way to keep customers and have a successful product. 🙂

Mike

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

+1 – I’ve seen 100% proactive, uncompromising customer service from Clay and his team at Wicked Edge since the beginning – even though some things have cost them a great deal, such as Fed-Ex-ing replacement parts.

While “negative feedback” threads can tarnish images and invite haters, it is also very refreshing to have the cool calm collective, and most importantly constructive attitude here on the forum to help support everyone, including those few with ordering problems to supporting the many more success stories. B)

I have yet to see a problem not get resolved here, nor do I ever expect to. B) B)

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Ditto for me!
    I have been connected in one way or another with the Wicked Edge from nearly the beginning both as a customer and now a friend and I have never seen anything but caring service from these folks. I know for a fact that Clay and his crew move heaven and earth to give the best service possible. From time to time they run into problems with suppliers and the quality control by the suppliers, so there are delays through no fault of their own. I know what it is like to wait a long time for something you really want, but in the end Clay always made it right, even to the point up sucking up expenses from his own pocket when he really didn’t need to.
    I have been around a very long time and I have rarely seen or met a more generous or understanding man than Clay Allison. These fine qualities are reflected in his business dealings. If there are delays, you can bet your boots everything possible is being done to expedite things. You can also be sure that the man agonizes over negative commentaries on his boards. I suggest to you that there are better ways to solve problems than to flaunt them here in a way that does little or nothing positive.

Leo

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

I am replying to myself in order to apologize for the final lines and the sense of my previous post as a whole. Just goes to show not to respond to things when one’s mind is clouded by fatigue and without reading all posts before firing off one’s mouth, er ahh,keyboard. My comment was meant as a ditto to Tom’s previous comments. How I got diverted at the end with my addled scolding comment, I will never understand.:(
    As a moderator I was out of line, and happy to say, I was quickly reminded of this by a member here. With many thanks to him, I apologize for seeming to scold and also for careless reading/responding. I also apologize for my poor manners. I don’t usually do that.

Best to all
    Leo

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.