Advanced Search

Generation 3 clamp

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Generation 3 clamp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Darragh O’Flaherty
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 15

Anyone know when the generation 3 clamp will be available to buy?

ken vanderhamm
    Participant
    • Replies: 7

Mine was ordered last week, I was told it would be about a month. I’m not in a hurry though, if there are improvements to be made, I would rather wait.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Anyone know when the generation 3 clamp will be available to buy?

Currently it’s only available over the phone for preorder… as stated above =)

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I found it the other night listed at $169 as an upgrade, but I can’t find it under the product pull-down tonite under any of their pull-down menus. Maybe there was an uh-oh moment.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’m not able to see it on the site either. I’ll check with the crew since I’ve been out of the office for a few days with a family medical emergency. I’ll post back when I find out.

-Clay

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Just received my new Gen 3 Clamp! But I don’t have any knives to sharpen :ohmy:

Darragh O’Flaherty
    Participant
    • Replies: 15

Nice! where did you find it on the website to order? looked everywhere 🙁

Pinkfloyd
    Participant

Nice! where did you find it on the website to order? looked everywhere 🙁

I had pre ordered over the phone

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Just received my new Gen 3 Clamp! But I don’t have any knives to sharpen :oh my:

I’m still anxiously awaiting your review of the new clamp. Did yours come with the friction grip tape on the jaws?

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Pinkfloyd
    Participant

Just received my new Gen 3 Clamp! But I don’t have any knives to sharpen :oh my:

I’m still anxiously awaiting your review of the new clamp. Did yours come with the friction grip tape on the jaws?[/quote]

HodMa1,
    I know, I’m chomping to sharpen, but I have no knives to sharpen right now. I have been playing around clamping some of my knives with synthetic chamois, shrink tubing to see how it works in the Gen 3 clamp. I think I like the synthetic chamois wet the best, want to try a bike inner tube yet though. The clamp did not come with the friction grip applied. So far I am very pleased with how it works, in testing the clamping of some of my knives.

Marc H

I’m also curious how low or narrow an angle you can set. Some of my kitchen knives are 12° per side.
    Thanks, Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Pinkfloyd
    Participant

Marc,
    Just for you. I know this 8″ Chef Knife was begging to be sharpened.. So i set it up and took a pic with angle cube reading 11.80 deg . I think i could have went a hair lower to 11.6. But it looked close to hitting the bump on the jaw

Attachments:
    Marc H

Thanks so much… Does the clamp hold the knife centered with no cant to the left like the Gen II clamp does now? Does the new clamp hold the knife very securely?

When the new clamp prototype was passed around I don’t recall reading posts that any one answered these questions.

If the new Gen III clamp holds a FFG Kitchen knife centered, very tightly and allows for low angle profile, I’m a buyer!

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Pinkfloyd
    Participant

Marc,

Knife clamped easily. With just the knife in the clamp I was able to move knife up and down by using finger on handle. Shrink tubing on this knife worked the best to secure knife in clamp. I did not measure Cant with Angle Cube because by eye I could not discern any tilt. Before it would be obvious by eye alone.
    Don’t know if you had seen Josh’s review of the Gen 3 clamp. He did an excellent video on the clamp.
    I think this clamp is an excellent upgrade.

Marc H

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me again. You’re right I had forgotten that I watched Josh’s review video. After watching it again, now I remember my concern it raised, when Josh clamped a kitchen knife and only got as close as 19° per side.

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.