Advanced Search

Generation 3 clamp

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Generation 3 clamp

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Walter Bear
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 4

Talked to Wicked today, 30 or so orders ready to ship but waiting on the proper degree bars.

I also hope the new pivoting jaws grip FFG knives properly.
    The video review indicated that only the top of the jaws grip the blade leaving a gap farther down especially on thin designs.
    This results in a less than firmly clamped knife. Unfortunately it looks like we will still be using tape/chamois/etc on the blade.

I’ll post back when I get mine.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Hello WBear!

Registered in 2013 and you’ve ordered a Gen 3 clamp and this is your first post? You’re what is known on the internet as a “lurker.”

Glad to have all you lurkers out there. Join in and say hello once in a while.

Tom

Walter Bear
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 4

Ha. The reason I haven’t posted before is I haven’t had time with all the knives I’ve been sharpening on the Pro Pack 2 I got in 2013!
    I have several I’ve been saving for the new clamp, can’t wait to try it out.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I really want a gen 3 vise, however, I can’t be limited by only 3/16″ widths… hopefully there will be a change in this soon =)

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I moved the posts on the amount of guest users and people keeping their browser tabs open to another topic, here.

I was the one who derailed this topic, so I thought I’d better set it straight 🙂 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Darragh O’Flaherty
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 15

I see the clamp is up on the website for sale, might wait until the waiting list goes down to order. Is it true you can’t go as low on the angle as on the current clamp?

Aaron kimpton
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 155

Mine arrived this week.

Mark76
    Participant

Mine arrived this week.

Pics or it didn’t happen. 😀 And then your experiences.

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

Our Internet is via cell phone, the punishment for living in the sticks. I really only get on when I am ar my wife’s work. Here is a link to my thread about it on sig forum.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/2870060283

Darragh O’Flaherty
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 15

Will the new Gen 3 clamp fit into the hard case??

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

I was told that they are waiting on properly cut foam. It will fit, but require it’s own foam insert. I should have my case in a week or so. It will match my pp2 case I hope.

Mark76
    Participant

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/2870060283%5B/quote%5D

Thanks! That looks way cool. Can you tell us whether the clamp contains the non-slip coating?

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

Appears to be normal anodizing, though knives slip alot less than my pp2.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Thanks! That looks way cool. Can you tell us whether the clamp contains the non-slip coating?

I’m still playing with the samples of the non-stick lining. The first few I tried were too compressible, so I’m checking some of the others this week.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I’m still playing with the samples of the non-stick lining. The first few I tried were too compressible, so I’m checking some of the others this week.[/quote]

sweetness =) I’m waiting on you figuring out what the final finish will be before I order… plus I want to have the actual jaws custom made from tool steel w/ out the hump and narrower tips – you should consider that as an additional option Clay, I’d pay extra for sure!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.