Advanced Search

Backlog uodate

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Backlog uodate

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 84

I’m certainly looking forward to it, I’ll be sure to share my experiences with them here. I’ve had good luck with the Chosera stones, so I think I’m really going to get a kick out of their competition as well. 🙂

Marion
    Participant
    • Replies: 41

Yep, the 1200/1600 ceramics arrived today, I want to sharpen some knives tonight but the workbench has “other” work on it right now. Maybe I can get it clear by tomorrow. I just got a new BK2 that is crying for a better edge, as well as some beater pocketknives, and a few kitchen knives…

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 80

Paste some pics of that BK2 when its done if you can. I’ve got mine queued up as well for when I get my WEPS. Along with my Busse Combat LE and others of course.

Larry
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 44

Just found out that my fine diamonds and ceramics are on their way. Now to get rid of some of those pesky scratches.:cheer:

Lucky

Dan
    Participant

Sweet! Means mine will probably be heading out before too long as well. 🙂

Actually took the WEPS down to a favourite coffee-and-sandwich place the other day and sat at a table working on one of their knives (which was AMAZINGLY dull) It was such a bad one that a 18-dps setting took a couple minutes to actually raise a burr with the 100-grit plates! Lacking the fine stones as yet (before I got my shaptons as well) I ran it down through 600, then gave the edge a few licks on my Sharpmaker’s fine rods as a finishing step at 20-dps. They were amazed at the knife, and the WEPS drew a lot of interest!

Scott Babineaux
    Participant

:woohoo: By my calendar my order should now be four weeks out. Clay how is that date looking now?

darcy
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 15

My cermanic stones made its way to my house before my Pro Pack. Nothing like a big tease…:)

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Sweet! Means mine will probably be heading out before too long as well. 🙂

Actually took the WEPS down to a favourite coffee-and-sandwich place the other day and sat at a table working on one of their knives (which was AMAZINGLY dull) It was such a bad one that a 18-dps setting took a couple minutes to actually raise a burr with the 100-grit plates! Lacking the fine stones as yet (before I got my shaptons as well) I ran it down through 600, then gave the edge a few licks on my Sharpmaker’s fine rods as a finishing step at 20-dps. They were amazed at the knife, and the WEPS drew a lot of interest!

That’s awesome, Komit! Next time get pictures of the awe-struck crowd! B)

Dan
    Participant

There’ll be a lot more awe-struck after I get the fine plates and the Shaptons up and running right, I’m fairly sure. 😀

Bonus for the WEPS being something I can plop down at a table with and just start working without a whole lot of setup or space required like the belt. Makes for a better crowd-pleaser.

EDIT: Just got the shipping notice for my 800/1Ks! Looks like they went out yesterday, so I’ll probably see them early next week. Can’t wait to do some real work on this! 😀

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

The 800/1000 stones are like the other diamonds in that they need some break-in time. You can accelerate the break-in period by gently rubbing like stones together a few times.

There’ll be a lot more awe-struck after I get the fine plates and the Shaptons up and running right, I’m fairly sure. 😀

Bonus for the WEPS being something I can plop down at a table with and just start working without a whole lot of setup or space required like the belt. Makes for a better crowd-pleaser.

EDIT: Just got the shipping notice for my 800/1Ks! Looks like they went out yesterday, so I’ll probably see them early next week. Can’t wait to do some real work on this! 😀

-Clay

Dan
    Participant

Gotchya, I’ll do that. The others are smoothing out nicely with use, I’ve got about a dozen knives done with them now and they’re starting to cut much more cleanly and smoothly than they were to begin with. These take a bit longer to break in than the DMTs I’m used to, but work quite well once they’re going.

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 5

Doh! Just got the email, the unit is stalled again. Looks like Mid November for me (18th) to ship

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

I just got off the phone with Bob @ wicked edge and he said that my 800/1000 diamond plates went out today. YAY!!!

Now they only need to clear customs…. 🙂

Scott Babineaux
    Participant

The first of November is Tuesday so I’m getting itchy. Any updates on the next delivery?:woohoo:

I have a Busse Combat 10 inch limited edition due this week to christen my WEPS with.

darcy
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 15

Well, just received an email that my order is delayed again due to transportation issues… While I have patience; this is starting to become increasingly frustrating as I have been pushed out another 2 weeks. I was originally emailed a November 11 ship date from the original delay of 6-8 weeks back in early August. I already received my cermanic stones and now just waiting for my order pro-pack to be fulfilled. I hope that the 800 and 1000 stones are included with this shipment.

Sorry about venting but I cannot help to feel a little disappointment.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.