Advanced Search

Backlog uodate

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Backlog uodate

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Altbrv

I think everyone on this thread knows exactly how you feel. 🙁

Hang in there, though, and use this thread as your support group. 🙂

FWIW, it’s worth the wait, and you’ll quickly forget that you ever had to wait at all once your order arrives.

Solomon Rosenzweig
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 3

🙁 I see I’m not alone in this forum of folks waiting for their orders. So I add my name to this hue and cry and wonder where my order is? I would appreciate a reply.
    Thanks!

Doug Williams
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 43

Well, I can’t complain because I haven’t ordered yet. :blush: Still saving my money for the Pro-Pack I’m going to order. I’m hoping to get that 20% discount though. Does anybody know when the discount is going away? If we can get just a few days notice, I’m sure I will be able to convince my wife to let me pull the trigger. She hates missing a sale! :whistle:

Don Llewellyn
    Participant
    • Topics: 4

I was worried about the discount running out too but did get it. I’d tell the wife “IT’S GONNA END I NEED TO ORDER NOW!!!” lol

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    • Replies: 80

From info@wickededgeusa.com on 9/9/2011

Your order is scheduled to be fulfilled from our next production delivery that is arriving around the beginning of November. We will have a tracking number no later than November 16th.

The fact that no one is talking about QA checks on the “beginning of November” order speaks volumes.

I emailed for a status update a day or two ago but have not received a reply yet.

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    • Replies: 80

Whoop!:cheer:

I just got off the phone with Kay at WE. Product is inbound and they are in the process of sending out emails to those lucky people(hopefully including me) that are next in the queue.

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 47

Hopefully that means the email I got last week saying they had a 12 day shipping delay and wouldn’t get orders out untill about the 23rd is no longer accurate.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Copied from another thread:

Hi guys,
    We’re busily preparing everything we can in advance so when the sharpeners come in, all we have to do is QC and pack and ship. We’re going to be bringing on extra crew to help get them back out the door as quickly as possible. To all of you that have been waiting: A big thank you for hanging in there with us while you wait. I know it’s been frustrating. We’ve been getting a lot of emails from frustrated people and I definitely know where they’re coming from. If you have questions on your order, please give Kay a call in our office for a realistic ship date.
    –Clay

-Clay

jeff williams
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 23

I’t worth the wait…

wickededge
    Keymaster

We started working on QC today. The latest batch came in yesterday and we’re going through them as quickly as we can while still being thorough. I know a lot of people are going to be excited once we start sending them out. To be fair to everyone, we’ll be shipping them out in the order that purchases came in. If anybody has questions about their order, please call Kay or Bob at the office: 877-616-9911. We promise to hustle as fast as possible to get these out to everyone. Thanks to you all for being patient and lending your support.

Attachments:

-Clay

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 23

I couldn’t wait any longer. I really wanted the WEPS directly from Wicked Edge but I canceled my order but only after ordering the WEPS from one of their distributors Kay had referred me to. The distributor was great [www.Oldawan.com], although he couldn’t meet the sale price I got in August (AUGUST!!), he did lower his advertised price. LOL, so I’ll get in 4 days via FedEx. I actually toyed with the idea of a next day delivery for almost $100! Dang, I could have done this weeks ago.

I am having Thanksgiving with some friends, the husband learned to cook while deployed in France and Italy when he wasn’t flying, who has a set of French kitchen knives that seem to be made of very, very hard stainless (trying to use the Spyderco crock sticks were an exercise in futility — didnt move any metal), and will bring the WEPS (and bandaids) to get an edge on his knives. Right now, the spines and the edges are nearly indistinguishable. I just could’t bear watching him carve up what should be an excellent turkey (being raised on his farm with some ducks and chickens) subjected to essentially a pry-bar of a knife!

Ahh, will start learning on some of my less expensive knives. As I learn, will go up in quality as far as the knives go. Time to review some of the excellent Youtubes out there. I plan to post some microphotos on the forum in a week or two.

Some one moves up in line, Kay doesn’t doesn’t have to read my whiney emails, and I get my WEPS in about about 96 hours. Everyone wins.

Time to buy bandaids, lots of bandaids!!

wickededge
    Keymaster

Good luck and happy Thanksgiving to you! I’m sorry we couldn’t get it to you sooner but I’m very glad that Bob had some and could take care of you. Please let me know personally if there is anything we can do for you. Also, your stones will take some time break-in and your edges will improve a lot the more the stones break in. There is some great information on the FAQ page under Resources and more great info in the Instructions section under Resources. If you come across any super challenging knives, please let me know and I’ll share whatever I know about any particular blade design or steel.
    -Clay

I couldn’t wait any longer. I really wanted the WEPS directly from Wicked Edge but I canceled my order but only after ordering the WEPS from one of their distributors Kay had referred me to. The distributor was great [www.Oldawan.com], although he couldn’t meet the sale price I got in August (AUGUST!!), he did lower his advertised price. LOL, so I’ll get in 4 days via FedEx. I actually toyed with the idea of a next day delivery for almost $100! Dang, I could have done this weeks ago.

I am having Thanksgiving with some friends, the husband learned to cook while deployed in France and Italy when he wasn’t flying, who has a set of French kitchen knives that seem to be made of very, very hard stainless (trying to use the Spyderco crock sticks were an exercise in futility — didnt move any metal), and will bring the WEPS (and bandaids) to get an edge on his knives. Right now, the spines and the edges are nearly indistinguishable. I just could’t bear watching him carve up what should be an excellent turkey (being raised on his farm with some ducks and chickens) subjected to essentially a pry-bar of a knife!

Ahh, will start learning on some of my less expensive knives. As I learn, will go up in quality as far as the knives go. Time to review some of the excellent Youtubes out there. I plan to post some microphotos on the forum in a week or two.

Some one moves up in line, Kay doesn’t doesn’t have to read my whiney emails, and I get my WEPS in about about 96 hours. Everyone wins.

Time to buy bandaids, lots of bandaids!!

-Clay

Don Llewellyn
    Participant

I did the same as dmlevitt – seems I was facing a 15 week wait so I also went to Oldawan and should get my WE on Friday. I couldn’t get everything I wanted as I didn’t get the 20% off WE offers but I just couldn’t wait that long. Will post on Friday when I get the goods!

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

How can a reseller have the product in stock, not the Manufacturer?

John Herron
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 39

I went the same route this morning.
    I little more money but I have some really dull
    knifes right now that need help..
    Everyone was real nice to deal with at Wickededge and Oldawan 🙂
    Thanks for the heads up Jdee

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.