Advanced Search

Backlog uodate

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Backlog uodate

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 80

Being a machinist by trade and a machine builder and sourcing/project manager for highly complex machine tooling I know what it is like from all aspects of the trade and what it feels like when something goes wrong. On a machine you can make 1 mistake and set you back weeks and thousands of dollars. Planning and estimating jobs through a shop you can make a mistake setting you back months and multiple tens of thousands of dollars. Being in charge of major builds you can set back a year and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Anyone in t he trade get it, but those not in the trade sometimes don’t get how much work goes into manufacturing custom parts which is so much different than major production line consumer products manufacturing that people not in the trade associate all manufacturing with.

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 23

I would rather wait than need to send it back… edhead is right. A delay like this for something essentially custom-built is part of the process. It’s not like there’s a warehouse full of them. Another way to look at this: by November several knives will actually need to sharpened!

I’m hoping the date the gave me was a ‘no later than’ and maybe have it sooner. :blink:

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

I was lucky to get mine when I did – and I can tell you that it is worth the wait guys. And I don’t mean to rub anything in, either. Trust me – the minute you get your WEPS, you’ll completely forget about the wait you had and the conversation here! B)

Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 84

Most likely. Of course, in a couple weeks we’ll be back grousing about how long the wait for the Chosera/Shapton paddles is… 😀

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We’re shipping as fast was we can here while still doing thorough QC. We brought on 3 new people to handle the extra load. I’m asking Kay to get involved on this thread so she can keep the updates coming.

-Clay

Roy Joseph
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

I was ready to jump on and order one but after reading how long people have been waiting and the long line. I’m not sure I can wait and is considering the edge pro. 🙁

Dan
    Participant

That’s actually why I ended up with an EdgePro first, Young. But this is just too awesome a tool to pass up, the weight will be worth it in spades!

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Most likely. Of course, in a couple weeks we’ll be back grousing about how long the wait for the Chosera/Shapton paddles is… 😀

As far as I know, there should be a fresh supply of Chosera stones waiting for their paddles. 😉

Dan
    Participant

Ooooo… Dang it, Tom, stop making me spend my money! 😆

wickededge
    Keymaster

As far as I know, there should be a fresh supply of Chosera stones waiting for their paddles. ;)[/quote]

We have the paddles for the Choseras here!

-Clay

Marion
    Participant
    • Replies: 41

I’m not complaining… I’m commiserating.

I knew when I ordered there was going to be at least an 8wk wait. From the fellows on the blade and knife forums I figured it would be a little longer.

I just wouldn’t mind it arriving early.

Ronald Stenbro
    Participant
    • Replies: 9

Clay, do you know what order number you’ll be reaching with this batch?

Larry
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 44

Clay

Did the ceramic stones make it in too?

Lucky

wickededge
    Keymaster

Clay, do you know what order number you’ll be reaching with this batch?

Please don’t quote me but I think it’s the high 2200’s.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Clay

Did the ceramic stones make it in too?

Lucky

Hey Lucky,

They didn’t come in with the rest of the stuff – they’re running about 2.5 weeks behind so we expect them in during the 3rd or 4th week of the month.

-Clay

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.