Advanced Search

Adapter Caps for Non Magnetic Stones

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell Adapter Caps for Non Magnetic Stones

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

I’ll try that after all the football/baseball today.

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

HI Richard!  Sorry you ran into this adjustment issue.  Did I send the instruction sheet with the adapters, if not my apologies?  This is addressed in the instructions.  I will post them here just so folks can read them prior to purchase.   I highlighted the area that address the over tightening of the belt. At 24 degrees using the small cube you should not even need the belt if you are careful.

Angle cube adapter instructions:

This adapter will allow you to use your magnetic digital angle devices with any non-magnetic mediums, (like strops, glass plates and whetstones), just the same as you use it with all your magnetic sharpening stones.

The adapter is placed over the upper edge of the stone paddle you want to use, with the steel bar lying flat against the opposite side.  The adapter includes a multi-position elastic tensioning belt to hold the steel bar flat against the stone’s face.  The belt can be simply removed and swapped around to orient it for easy use, on whichever side your setting your guide rod angles.  Depending on the guide rod set angles, the thickness of the non-magnetic medium, and the weight of your angle cube, you can adjust the belt’s tension, accordingly.  It’s best to use the belt in the loosest tension position that will allow the belt to just lightly hold the steel bar flat, with the angle cube in place, when the stone is on the guide rod.  If the belt’s tension is set too tight, it may lift the steel bar off the stone’s side, affecting the angle readings.  You may find as you gain experience using the adapter, that you don’t need to use the tensioning belt with all your non-magnetic mediums.   

The adapter can be place on the stone and the tensioning belt secured before or after sliding the stone on the guide rod.  Once the adapter is in place and the stone is positioned on your guide rod(s), affix, position and use your magnetic angle device as usual.  Be aware, the weight of your magnetic cube and its wider position on the adapter may rotate the stone over to the side, around the guide rod, quickly.  Please exercise caution while working close to the sharp knife edge with the Non-Magnetic Stone Adapter!   

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by airscapes.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Richard
    Participant

That worked Marc, I removed the strap and it’s all flush now.  Thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Richard
    Participant

Not to beat a dead horse but Marc, in your third picture (the one where the stone is left-leaning and your angle cube is mounted) there is a gap between the glass (?) and the metal bar.   So assuming that the bar is perfectly straight, am I correct in thinking that your glass has a concave wear area?  The bar is actually touching the glass at both the top and the bottom.

airscapes
    Participant

Not to beat a dead horse but Marc, in your third picture (the one where the stone is left-leaning and your angle cube is mounted) there is a gap between the glass (?) and the metal bar. So assuming that the bar is perfectly straight, am I correct in thinking that your glass has a concave wear area? The bar is actually touching the glass at both the top and the bottom.

Hi Richard, the only gap I see appears to be under the cube between the bottom of the cube and the steel.  There is no gap between the paddle and the steel in that picture

Attachments:
    Tommie
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 29

Got my stone stops and adapter today. Great products and quick shipping. I’m almost ready for my first sharpening experience with the WE. Need to round up some old test knives and improve my lighting in my little corner and I’ll be ready. 4D9781EC-4FD0-4C45-9196-8AAE786629B6

Attachments:
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Richard,  “airscapes” is correct.  If you flip back to the first post that began this thread, or look at this included photo, you’ll see the shape of my red angle cube. It has a hollow or concaved center and only contacts the surface at the ends nearer to the corners.

Adapter-Cap-and-Stone-Stops-1

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    Richard
    Participant

Ok, I was looking at this thinking it was an air gap.

Attachments:
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Doug has about 15 ready for sale.

Prices includes:
    Fully assembled unit consisting of the adapter cap, strap and bar, shipped with first class package shipping including tracking (Lower 48).
    Price for 1 unit $26
    Price for 2 units $47
    Add up to 4 stones stops, at no additional shipping, just pay $3 for each stop.

4 Stops still available separately for $17 shipped.

Please send me a PM and I will provide you the email address to send me your shipping info and to use for PayPal if you don’t already have it.   When submitting fund via PayPal, please use the friends and family / gift option so they don’t charge me a fee.

Thanks!

Doug

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  airscapes.

I discovered recently the adapters I had reviewed originally were not the latest version or rendition of these adapters.  I know mine were the original prototypes I was beta testing.  I hadn’t realized the new versions, the only version Doug has sold were so well improved to eliminate any issues I had experienced.  Doug was kind enough to send me a new caps. These Magnetic Stone Adapters are quite thick and stout with a thinner strap.  They work with every different size, width and thickness stone I have.  They really are an asset.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Brewbear
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 168

Doug has about 15 ready for sale.

Prices includes: Fully assembled unit consisting of the adapter cap, strap and bar, shipped with first class package shipping including tracking (Lower 48). Price for 1 unit $26 Price for 2 units $47 Add up to 4 stones stops, at no additional shipping, just pay $3 for each stop. 4 Stops still available separately for $17 shipped. Please send me a PM and I will provide you the email address to send me your shipping info and to use for PayPal if you don’t already have it. When submitting fund via PayPal, please use the friends and family / gift option so they don’t charge me a fee. Thanks! Doug

<ul id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-51688″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log”>
    <li id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-51688-item-51691″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log-item”>This reply was modified 1 month ago by airscapes.

<h6>Attachments:</h6>

<li id=”gdbbx-attachment-id-51689″ class=”gdbbx-attachment gdbbx-attachment-jpg gdbbx-attachment-thumb gdbbx-thumb-inline”>

<p class=”wp-caption-text”>Image242059404173813453.jpg</p>

<li id=”gdbbx-attachment-id-51690″ class=”gdbbx-attachment gdbbx-attachment-jpg gdbbx-attachment-thumb gdbbx-thumb-inline”>

<p class=”wp-caption-text”>Image3878603366447032298.jpg</p>

<li id=”gdbbx-attachment-id-51692″ class=”gdbbx-attachment gdbbx-attachment-jpg gdbbx-attachment-thumb gdbbx-thumb-inline”>

/quote]

I discovered recently the adapters I had reviewed originally were not the latest version or rendition of these adapters. Doug was kind enough to send me a newer updated cap. These newest version Magnetic Stone Adapters are quite thick and stout with a thinner strap. They work with every different size, width and thickness stone I have. They really are an asset.

Not sure which ones I got since I was among the first to order (I think) but I like them! Thank you all for coming up with the idea and making them available to us.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    airscapes
    Participant

BB your’s are some of the ones pictured.  Marc had been using  and testing prototypes which exposed issues I fixed prior to selling any.

There is a sheet metal version posted someplace in the giant MOD thread which was my inspiration, couldn’t find it just now but I know I saw it..

Brewbear
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 168

BB your’s are some of the ones pictured. Marc had been using and testing prototypes which exposed issues I fixed prior to selling any. There is a sheet metal version posted someplace in the giant MOD thread which was my inspiration, couldn’t find it just now but I know I saw it..

That’s good to know, I wasn’t bellyaching, I like them a lot.

airscapes
    Participant

I didn’t think you were, just wanted to let you know that you got the production version.

Thanks man!

Doug

Bryce Herbst
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

Hi, Doug.  I sent an inquiry to you yesterday regarding buying adapter caps and other accessories.

I’m not sure if my attempt to reach you was successful.  Please advise.

Thanks and best regards.

airscapes
    Participant

Hi Bryce, I have been away for a few days.. will email you when I get a chance.  Thanks for reaching out!

Doug

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.