Advanced Search

Welcome GO Users

Recent Forums Wicked Edge GO Welcome GO Users

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

This is a newly created section of the forum focused specifically on your machine and stone combos. Please post your questions and join the discussions here.

-Clay

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 6

Perfect ! I am just starting to get the hang of my GO! I’m interested to learn all the teqniuqes and secrets to give the best results !

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

We have no secrets.  We share all.  This isn’t Vegas! LOL

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Dan
    Participant
    • Replies: 6

Well in that case, which reading through the forums has proven true! I’m here to soak up as much knowledge as possible ! And grow my WE collection!

Edgy Guy
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

I anticipate mostly everyone who finds there way here knows the basics(if not more), but I figured I’d include a few links anyway.

Official Video Wicked Edge Go – Setup  view here.

Official Video Wicked Edge Go – Intro  view here.

Official Video Wicked Edge Go – Mounting the knife & Setting the Angle  view here.

Official Video Wicked Edge Go – 200 Grit Stones  view here.

Official Video Wicked Edge Go – 400 Grit Stones  view here.

Official Video Wicked Edge Go – Creating & Detecting a Burr  view here.

I’d also like to include a photo of a clamping hack which anyone may use at their own discretion. I can’t verify that it is fail-proof, but I definitely would give it a “GO” 😛

Attachments:
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Personally I’ve used the Go the way it came with just the 200/600 stone. I have added my 5/3.5 leather strop to it and I have to say I’ve been impressed with the results. Very easy to match existing angles on knifes with this machine. Stones are breaking in nicely and are producing very good results, a great working edge without stropping. You can put any stone combination on the GO that you can use on any other WE system which makes this little sharpener small in stature but big on results.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I’d also like to include a photo of a clamping hack which anyone may use at their own discretion. I can’t verify that it is fail-proof, but I definitely would give it a “GO” 😛

Welcome to the forum Edgy Guy! The hack that you’ve referenced only works for some knives. The best way to find the optimal clamping position is discussed in the WE knowledge base (see page 19 of the manual in the link) as well as Marc’s recent post on how to find the sweet spot.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Dwayne Castleberry
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

After a much anticipated wait I finally received my WEG. After a bit of a learning curve and getting the diamond plates broken in I can say I am truly impressed. What I can do with just the 200 and 600 grit stones is impressive. I’m scared to think about the sharpness I might be able to achieve after I’ve sharpened several more knives. Gonna order some  finer grits in the near future. If your still waiting to receive yours be patient it’s well worth the wait.

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Hello Dwayne. Might I suggest you invest in a set of strops next. I think the difference in your edge will blow you away and it’s not hard to carry in the standard bag.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Chester Simon
    Participant
    • Replies: 5

I have the WE GO and added a 800 EF/1000 UF, 1500 Diamond/Blank Platens w/ 3 Micron AO Lapping and  5/3.5 Leather Strops. I couldn’t be happier. Sharpens my knives wicked sharp.

Also have a Wixy and a Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope. Mwahahahhahaha

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Chester Simon.
    Hogdog
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 18

My go is great I did add a set of 5 / 3.5 leather strops and it works very well for keeping my edc sharp.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.