Advanced Search

WE60/66 New Accessories

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements WE60/66 New Accessories

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

After using the WE60 and WE66 I have made a couple of items for my own use and added them to the list of available accessories.

First is a riser block to lift the vise up 32 mm.  This is enough to allow for the majority of the stone to be used with a  short knife.  Without the riser a large amount of the stone protrudes above the knife and never will come in contact with it.

I also ordered the 13″ rods so I can use stone stops.  This kind of defeats one of  the major benefits of the WE60/66 which is it’s small compact portable size.  With the long rods installed it would never fit in a portable box (thinking large tackle or plastic tool box)  To remove the rods is a piece of cake, but you must insert those tiny white balls so the even tinier pivot pin does not fall out and get lost.  This was not going to due for me, I lost the balls for the WE60  and I am sure the ones for  the 66 would be gone after the first or second use.     To fix this I designed pivot keepers that are made for stretchy TPU and nook on the locking knobs of the angle adjusters.    To install them, just set them down in the oval cutout after the rod is removed and tighten the thumb screw..  Easy to do, can even do it with one hand!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by airscapes.
    Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

I’ll order a couple from you next month. As far as losing the pivot sockets, I put a drop of grease behind them and poked them back into their pockets. I haven’t had them fall out yet.

Mike Mueller
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

I’m interest in both

airscapes
    Participant

I’m interest in both

Sent you a PM

Stephen
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 4

I just got my 66 and i would love both as well

airscapes
    Participant

Stephen, I sent you a PM with my email address

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.