Advanced Search

Protech TR-3 Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Les Garten
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

I have a Wicked Edge Pro(original Verson).  I am changing it out for a New Pro version that can take pocket folder type knives.

There is a knife I am thinking of buying and am wondering if the blade grind will work with a Wicked Edge.

Here’s a good pic showing the clamp area.  Will this work with the WE?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2009/8181/products/PROTECHTR-3X1D2TACTICALRESPONSE3BLACKFISHSCALEHANDLEBLKD2PLAINEDGE2_1024x.jpg?v=1625593266

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Les Garten
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4
    I haven’t bought the knife yet.  I am selling the old sharpener because it only works with huge commercial knives.  Something I was unaware of when I bought it.  So I need to know if that knife has enough Flat on it to clamp to before I buy the knife.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I can’t speak with any experience about clamping that particular knife. It doesn’t look especially challenging. Any current W.E. model should be able to clamp it well. I the believe newest vise and jawset like on the new WE66, were designed for folder knives and those W.E. users sharpening them. Especially for distally tapered and FFG knives.

Any W.E. model with a Gen 3 Vise should be able meet your needs, especially the best models: WE130, Gen 3 Pro or WE66.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.