Advanced Search

New vise jaws

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jack Sowell
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

I’m having a period of enforced idleness, so I put my new vise jaws on to give them a whirl. I really like them. Today I had a few narrowblades to do, and I find the new jaws are a pleasure to use. Quicker and I feel a bit better clamping. I had gotten a few paring knives for the local soup kitchen, so I wanted them to be good and sharp when I sent them. My neighbor’s taking them. I have a new hip and am not allowed to drive for a while. I should be good to go before Chtistmas. I may have to see if any of my other neighbors need some touch-ups. It’s likely to be pretty boring here!

Jack

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to the forum Jack Sowell.

Which model WE do you use to help feed your friends?

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Jack Sowell
    Participant

Gen. 3 Pro. Snagged a deal on it. I had used one of the portable ones so this one is a big step up, though not as easy to tote around.

Jack

Marc H

Yes, maybe better to be in a roller case. I just installed those same new “V2” jawset on my gen3 vise. We’ll learn how we like the new jaws together.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Marc H.
    Jack Sowell
    Participant

My neighbor brought me another batch of knives from the soup kitchen. My thought is to have two batches of knives which will be switched out on an approximately weekly basis. From a quick glance it looks like a bunch of this batch will end up,in the trash. I’ll replace a few with better blades. Looks like I’ll be keeping an eye on Ebay for some decent quality used knives. If anyone has suggestions for other sources I’d appreciate the advice.

I suppose there are other things I could do to be helpful, but there are volunteers to cook and serve. I’d likely be more a hindrance than help in the kitchen.
    Jack

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H

Try to shop thrift stores and flea markets

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

Hi Jack. I would also recommend Victorinox knives. They have some good inexpensive knives.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.