Advanced Search

New Gen 3 Pro in House!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New Gen 3 Pro in House!

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

If I could purchase an adaptor from someone for the Gen 3 I’d order it now.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

If I could purchase an adaptor from someone for the Gen 3 I’d order it now.

An adaptor for the LAA or the Tormek jig? Imho they both hold the knife about equally secure.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I’m sorry to confuse the issue, I want to purchase Gen3 Jaws adaptor to lower the angle they can clamp and increase the clamping force. Please keep us informed with your experience.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Does the tormec small knive adapter work for long gyuto blades, 10 or 11 inches long?

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Does the tormec small knive adapter work for long gyuto blades, 10 or 11 inches long?

Yes it would work, however, your blade would be sticking way out in front of the vise because the tormek jig mounts fairly close to the vise itself and can’t be adjusted way back. But you can sorta get around this simply by tilting your knife to get the right angle consistency throughout.

Michael Trumble Jr
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Do ffg blades lean in the new gen 3 vise like they do in the gen 2? I find that to be the only downside to the weps. It a pain to figure out if a knife is leaning a degree or two one way or the other (especially if it’s a small knife) and then adjusting the angles respectively. If this new vise holds the knives perfectly straight, so that the angles just need to be set on the stones, I’m sold!

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

My Gen 3 seems to hold blades perfectly vertical. I haven’t seen any bias one way of the other. That said, I haven’t had any knives large enough to check for verticality with my AngleCube. I can only say that the bevels I’ve been getting have been looking as tho the blade was perfectly vertical.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.