Advanced Search

Me and my story! Let’s get to know each other!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Me and my story! Let’s get to know each other!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Welcome Alexey or Al
    It is good to have one of our brothers from Russia with us. St.Petersburg is such a historic city…I would really love to go there some day! You will get better and sharper edges as you gain experience and as the diamonds on the paddles break in. Keep in touch mate!

Warm regards
    Leo

Xbander
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 68

Hello to everyone, I am James Bell living in South Mississippi. Have had my Wicked Edge a couple months, just got the updated arms, very pleased so far. I have never in my life been able to sharpen a knife with such wonderful results. I have also enjoyed reading from the Forum, some great feedback and sharing of information, truly something special. As time permits I hope to ask question and share what I can.
    On the personal side, work full time in IT. As much as possible, I bird watch, also a licensed bird bander so sometime it is more than watch. I truly enjoy the outdoors and all it has to offer. I got hooked on knives many years ago, most I will never sharpen, but; those that I do, will now have a “Wicked Edge”

James

Cory
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 31

I have posted a couple of times so I guess I should introduce myself. I’m Cory Schnaufer a 32 year old aircraft mechanic. I grew up in New Mexico hunting, fishing, and working on ranches. Which is where my knife collection started and has yet to stop. I left NM and did a 6 year tour in the US Army as a crew chief on helicopters and have continued on in government aviation ever since just not in the military. I’m currently in Colombia, South Americq and have been for the last few years.

Well that’s the basics I just wanted to say thank you to all of the well informed people on this site who freely share their valuable knowledge. I have learned a lot already and look forward to learning a lot more.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Cory and James, welcome aboard mates!! Our forum is growing so fast and there many knowledgeable people here to help out anybody who is having difficulties. Don’t hesitate to ask for help and also don’t hesitate to share your experiences with us all. Don’t be shy!
    It is good to have you both here!

Best regards
    Leo your friendly neighborhood Moderator

Wesley Adkins
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 7

Hello all
    My names Wesley Adkins, 33 years old born and raised here in the mountains of wild and wonderful West Virginia. I have been hunting and fishing my whole life and am an avid outdoorsman. I work in federal Law Enforcement and plan to retire on the outer banks of NC and spend a hard life sport fishing in about 20 years lol. As a boy my grandfather was a knife collector ESP. Case knives which I inherited. My personal collection has also grown over the years and have several convex blades and thats where the wicked edge first caught my eye. As I’ve grown up hunting a sharp edge has been a required tool of the trade and spending hours sharpening and honing to get there was the norm. I am happy to have this community to help me with my journey down the road that is the WEPS. Being new to this I hope to learn from you all and contribute my experience in the future.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Hey Wesley
    Happy you could join us. Sounds like you are well into knives and so the WEPS will be a good tool for you. We look forward to your comments and posts and remember if you need help, just sing out!
    Very best regards 🙂
    Leo

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome aboard guys! It’s a good thing to see so many people join the forums it’s hard to keep up with. You must have been doing something right in getting a WEPS 😉 .

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you have them. You’ve just joined a bunch of very helpful and fun-to-be-with people!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Hello all,

I have been around here a few weeks now, reading and watching everything I could find about the WEPS. I finally jumped into the rabbit hole today and ordered a WE PP with PPII upgrade kit and a full set of chosera’s. I am a small time knife nut, also like guns and flashlights (everyone here as talked about guns but forgot the flash lights). I have had a knife and flashlight since cub scouts and a gun shortly there after.

I am an electrical engineer by trade and an industrial engineer by schooling. So I am also into manufacturing and metallurgy and enjoy studying knife steels. I have definitely enjoyed seeing all the micrographs of sharpened edges here.

I live in SC now. My other active hobbies/interests include computers, programming, bicycling (on and off road), fixing things around the house (at least just to justify buying the tools), photography, and hiking. Other hobbies include shooting and SCUBA.

Mark76
    Participant

He Geocyclist,

Welcome here!

Sounds we have a lot in common, apart from a love for sharp knives. I love biking too (I have four bikes and that is quite normal where I live), particularly with a GPS device. And I too do things with computers and like diving.

You’ve definitely made the right decision with your choice for a WEPS! And you’ve also joined a great community of people that like to help each other. So if you have any questions, before or after your WEPS arrives, please don’t hesitate to ask.

And uh… is Apple another hobby of yours?

Geocyclist
    Participant

I am an Apple fanboy. Depends on how you define hobby vs. addiction. That and after looking through a free avatar site all i found was Apple and Milka German chocolate bars. Thought Apple was more fitting as I am impartial when it comes to chocolate.

David Hill
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 8

Hello
    My name is Dave Hill from Spokane Washington , Restaurant owner , Chef ,knife maker and knife knut. Iam teaching a class at a local community college on knife skills , knife making and knife sharpening. I just ordered my pp1 a few days ago and hopefully will have some time before my next class to get broken into the WE. Clay took my phone call after hours and on the weekend. What an awesome guy. These forums are great and the people all seem really nice. I am happy to be among such an educated and friendly crowd.Thanks

Attachments:
    Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Welcome Dave!

It sounds like we are lucky to have someone with your background and experience as part of the WEPS community. I hope you have some time to share some of your expertise one day soon!

Phil

Mark76
    Participant

Welcome Dave! I couldn’t agree more with Phil. Could you share with us which knives you use at work when you’re not using your own? (Interested in your own knives as well 😉 , of course.)

David Hill
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 8

Currently i only use my own knives. Trying to test their qualities as far as edge retention , blade design ( which is pretty classical although I have experimented a bit with blade and handle shape I really like the handles on some of the Globals, as well as steel thickness ) I do have many Global, Shun ,JA Henckels , Wosthof , nothing super fancy , just good hard working knives. I have always been a hard sharpener up until I started making my own . Not starting with a factory edge its hard to tell exactly what the angle is. When I started reading about the Wicked Edge , I was sold. Cant wait to get my PP1 I plan on starting with my home knives which the wife uses, then the Wosthofs which my cooks use, working my way up to mine. The learning curve thing sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the welcoming messages. I hope to be able to offer any help I can.

Geocyclist
    Participant

Welcome,

Please post some pics of your knives if possible. What steel do you use?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.