Advanced Search

Me and my story! Let’s get to know each other!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Me and my story! Let’s get to know each other!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Welcome Craig! It’s great to have you. My best friends are firefighters and paramedics, so I’m figuring you’re a great guy too. As Leo said, don’t hesitate to ask anything here, simple or complex. It’s a great community, very willing to help. Nice catch there in the pictures!

-Clay

Craig
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 13

Thanks guys!! I can’t wait!! Hoping to get good enough to sharpen as a business later on!! If anyone is ever down my way and looking to fish or scuba for lobster let me know. Born and raised Floridaian!!

Attachments:
    Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

Welcome to the forum, Craig. My father in law is a retired Chief, 3 brother in laws are firemen, and one nephew is a fireman.
    What time’s dinner?

Craig
    Participant

6 sharp!!! Lol

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

A couple of monster lobsters there I bet they took a bit of air to catch.

John Haley
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 32

Having already posted 3 times and with a WEPS PP II and some Choseras on the way, I thought it was time to get on this. Born in 1940 in New Jersey. Went to college in St. Louis before entering the Air Force in 1960, becoming a meteorologist, and retired in 1980. Spent 12+ years in England, 3 in Germany, 1 in California, and 3 in Florida… where I completed two degrees at the Univ of Miami. After moving back to NJ to take up a job as an operations manager in trucking for over 15 years, I left and became a paid EMT and EMS dispatcher. Retired, entirely, in 2006 and moved to the New York/Vermont border. Have since finished getting my pilot certification and spent even more frequent and longer vacations on the north coast of Maine. Past pastimes were, almost 2000 free fall jumps as an advanced skydiving instructor, and an open water diver.

Having accumulated a goodly number of quality knives over the past ten years, I decided to move up from the sharpening methods I’d been using and finally achieve the edges I want. My favorite, but not most expensive knife: J.R. Cook hand forged hunter. EDC: Small Chris Reeve Micarta Sebenza.

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

Welcome to the forum. And WOW, that is a very varied life of experiences and places lived.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you would have many stories to tell over a beer or three. A fascinating life story my friend, well written too. No cob-webs hanging off of you ! LOL! 😆

Best regards
    Leo

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum! You could have beeen me father (who is from 1940, too, and born near the German border). Only you seem to have a bit more varied life

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Craig
    Participant

Welcome. I will bet you have some amazing stories!!!

Leo Barr
    Participant

I have done scuba diving and we used to do parascending at school I was an instructor we used tow lines up to 500 yds and would use old RAF airdromes like Tangmere near Chichester a second world war field .We would get up to heights around 1200ft and once over a target area then release the tow line and steer down as close as possible to the target we were using para commandas mk11s . So far not got onto parachuting and free fall something I have to do .
    Sounds as if you have some great knowledge and interest Met is another interest once again having been a Yachtmaster and Instructor so met, nav plus seamanship was all part of it .
    Any how suffice to say there is a great crew here . And I and probable others would like to see the J.R. Cook hand forged hunter it sounds interesting

Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

Welcome aboard!
    There’s a good crew here of helpful friendly folk who aren’t afraid to share a thing or two.

John Haley
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 32

LeoBarr…
    Couldn’t find my “quality” photo of the JR Cook, so just snapped it laying on the floor. 1084 hand forged steel, desert ironwood, and German silver trim. I’ve always liked the simplicity of this one. None of my knives are “show queens”… I use them all at some time or other.

Leo Barr
    Participant

I can see why you like itI like the lines.

JK3747
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Just joined this forum. I’m hoping to add a WE to my ever expanding tool collection but will have to figure out how to hide it from “The Real Boss”

I am retired disabled from our local PD due to a line of duty incident. Long story short after the explosion my doc told the depts medical evaluation people that there was no reasonable expectation that I could ever return to full duty. After multiple back surgeries and other procedures over the last several years I’d say they were right. I always liked it when tools were sharp because that’s when they work their best. I liked maintaining them in ESU and I like it today.

I recently got into knife making as a hobby and decided that this WE system is as close to sharpening perfection as anyone can get.

Im here to learn from everyone here.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.