Advanced Search

Hello from Finland

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from Finland

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lay
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 27

Hi,

New WE Gen 3 Pro owner here.

I have done knife sharpening since I was about 13 years old. It was the time when I started hunting. Numerous sharping methods and 26 years later (I feel like I’m getting old) I started looking what would be the right system for me. When I first saw the WE products I thought they were too expensive. Couple of weeks went by and I watched too many youtube videos and red too many forum threads about sharpening. Well… Here we are.

I have done only about 6 knifes (1 knife per day) so far but I’m really pleased with the results and ease of use. I have not tried any mirror polishing yet since the stones are so new but that comes later. Luckily I have enough knives to practice. About 5 hunting knifes, 15 kitchen knifes, couple of folding knifes etc. I will save the Zero Tolerance 0562CF later. All the other knifes are good for practice.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome Lasse!

Yes, the Wicked Edge sharpeners are expensive but also amazing and totally unmatched in precision and quality. With all of your sharpening experience I’m sure you can truly appreciate the ease of use and consistency of the results that these fine tools provide.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Welcome aboard Lay!

I’m not sure that you’ve got reason to feel old yet, but it’s coming.  It hit me when I was about 44 and realized one day that I couldn’t read anymore, even with glasses.  The first real thump from the old-age truck is bifocals, and it’s all downhill from there.   They call it “over-the-hill” because you start picking up speed.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lay
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 27

Welcome aboard Lay! I’m not sure that you’ve got reason to feel old yet, but it’s coming. It hit me when I was about 44 and realized one day that I couldn’t read anymore, even with glasses. The first real thump from the old-age truck is bifocals, and it’s all downhill from there. They call it “over-the-hill” because you start picking up speed.

Thank you! I guess it is just the number at the moment. Next year I turn 40. On the other hand my father is still working at the age of 70 and has no short term plans for retirement since he likes the work that he does.

Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

Welcome to the forum Lay!  My wife was sticker shocked also when my Gen 3 showed up at the front door, it is quite spendy but I don’t regret the investment.  It’s a lot of fun to work with.

Richard

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Haffner
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 29

Hello From Denmark,

Nice to hear from another sharpener i Europe!

Best regards,

Jens

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.