Advanced Search

Generation 3 Pro

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Generation 3 Pro

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

These products have been out of stock since I first looked in January. What is the story here?

Demand has been really high this year. We’re hoping to get manufacturing cranked up to meet it within the next month or so with the addition of 3 new Robodrills and 2 new Makino horizontal machining centers. That’s on top of the original Robodrill, 5 other Makinos and 8 Swiss machines. Seems crazy.

Those are some good “problems” to have. Thank you for the reply Clay, I’m looking forward to it attacking this pile of dull knives I have as I’m pretty excited about it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Edge Science
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6

It appears the Gen 3 Pro has gone from model WE300 to WE320 in 2018, can somebody please comment on what the difference is?

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

It appears the Gen 3 Pro has gone from model WE300 to WE320 in 2018, can somebody please comment on what the difference is?

Where are you seeing these designations? At what site?

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Edge Science
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6

Hi there Marc, I first noticed it on Optics Planet and thought it was a fluke but now I just spotted it on Amazon also with “new 2018 model” descriptor. On the Optics Planet product page there is even a customer service rep stating that it is a WE320 in reply to a customer query. Any insight into this?

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Try contacting Wicked Edge directly. You always get a real person on the phone when you call during business hours. They will be able to tell you if there have been any changes since the 2017 update.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I can only comment that the higher model number designate, WE320, assures you it is the latest version WE Gen 3 Pro.  You know you’re not purchasing old stock.  There have been some upgrades made to the Gen 3: the Vice, end brackets and micro-adjustment screws and locking mechanism and the stone storage shelf pedestal since the WE300 Gen3 Pro model was first released I believe Pre-2017.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We did change the model number a while back from 300 to 320. As far as specifications, anything made from March of last year to present is current and has all the most recent features.

-Clay

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.