Advanced Search

Generation 3 Pro

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Generation 3 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    pmuldowney
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 4

I ended up going with the generation pro 3.  In the end, I think I will benefit from it the most.

Thanks for the help guys

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

The gen. 3 is a great setup and you’ll be very happy with it when it arrives.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

The Gen 3 Pro is a great model and easy to use.  I hope you’ll enjoy using it.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Sean
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

When do you expect this to be back in stock? I have one on backorder through one of your vendors. Thanks!

Marc H

Sean if you are really in a hurry and just have to have a Wicked Edge Sharpening System, maybe you can change your order.  The WE130 Model has the same self centering, floating jaw, adjustable tension vice as the Gen 3 Pro. The difference is the WE130 angle adjustments are done separately for each side of the knife.  The Gen 3 Pro angle adjustment is done for both knife sides simultaneously with a single lever.  This difference allows the WE130 to sharpen asymmetrically ground knives, where the Gen 3 Pro cannot.

IMO the WE130 will do everything the Gen 3 Pro will do, and more.  With it’s ability to adjust bevel angles independently it is a more versatile model.  The range of angles is greater, from narrow to wide, with the WE130 also.  The only upside to the Gen 3 Pro is it is a little quicker to set the angles, as long as both side bevels of the knife are equally ground angles.  The Pro Pack III includes the WE130 Vice and more goodies than the Gen 3 Pro, I believe, at a similar price if you compare what you get.

I have both models, Gen 3 Pro and Pro Pack III.  If I was to do it all over again, knowing what I know now, based on real use experience, I’d get the Pro Pack III and never look back.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Sean
    Participant

Thanks Marc, I took your advice. :thumbsup

4 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

You will love it Sean. I’ve had my WE130 for a year now and I think it was the best choice for me. Good Luck!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Sean
    Participant

The ProPack III is also on back order… I have no choice but to wait. 😉

Marc H

Sorry to hear that Sean.  I suggest you stick with the Pro Pack III, and wait it out. Even if the Gen 3 Pro becomes available sooner.  You won’t be dissapointed.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

perkins907
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Just ordered myself a propack 3. I believe I will benefit the most with the low and high angles. Wish the gen 3 had the angles of the WE130. Might end up getting a Gen 3 as well for the quick change.

Marc H

Jeremy the Prop Pack III is a great setup.  If you were to have only one choice that’s the way to go.  I don’t think the speed advantage of Gen 3 Pro with the single lever angle changes is that much quicker.  Maybe a minute or two in time savings on the knife.  Not enough to make up for the adaptability and wider angle range of the WE130.  I believe you learned this through your reading and research.

Welcome

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I have a gen 3 pro and am considering getting a WE130 to compliment it. The single lever action is nice (especially for knives that have already been profiled on the WE), but it does have some inherent limitations with specific regard to asymmetric grinds. The WE130 / Pro Pack 3 is the most versatile setup.

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Doing some of the kitchen knives you do Organic, I think the addition of the 130 would make you a happy camper! LOL… Seriously I love it and have never doubted that I bought the right system and package for me.

Sean
    Participant

These products have been out of stock since I first looked in January. What is the story here?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

These products have been out of stock since I first looked in January. What is the story here?

Demand has been really high this year. We’re hoping to get manufacturing cranked up to meet it within the next month or so with the addition of 3 new Robodrills and 2 new Makino horizontal machining centers. That’s on top of the original Robodrill, 5 other Makinos and 8 Swiss machines. Seems crazy.

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.