Advanced Search

Ceramic Paddles

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Ceramic Paddles

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Clay,

I have three separate orders for 1200/1600 ceramic stones (order #s 861642, 883557, and 926509). Respectivley, the orders were placed on December 31, 2011, January 25, 2012, and March 15, 2012. I have not received any ceramic stones at this time and, quite honestly, feel that it speaks poorly that WE would fulfill orders placed as recently as April 28, 2012 prior to fulfilling those of the long-time frustated parties here.

Stephen

I’m confused about where everyone is getting this April 28 date; can you shed some light on what you’re referring to? I’ve asked the shipping crew to ship in order and I believe that they are doing that but if there is something I’m missing, I’d like to know about it.

-Clay

Richard Green
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 23

Clay,

I’m the person who ordered ceramic paddles on April 28 and received them on May 5.

I hesitated to post my delivery date because I had a feeling something like this would happen…

Folks, I completely understand how you feel, but before assuming that WE has done you wrong, let’s wait for Clay’s response.

I have reason to believe that a computer error may have been responsible for my getting ceramic paddles ahead of the rest of you. There were some significant problems with billing and backorder notification when I ordered my Pro-Pack I back in February. I contacted WE about it, and they graciously corrected the problems and, to make up for it, moved up the priority of my Pro-Pack I order. I still had to wait after the second (third?) batch started shipping, but somewhat less time that I would have waited otherwise.

I suspect that my computer record is (or was) still marked with some sort of priority flag that resulted in my getting the ceramic paddles ahead of the rest of you. If I’m right, it was a one-time mistake, not something deliberate on WE’s part, and it doesn’t mean that lots of people who shouldn’t be ahead of you have gotten their ceramic paddles. It may have been just me.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thank you for jumping in and clarifying. I’ve asked the shipping crew to investigate and update me. As soon as I know what happened, I’ll post about it.

Clay,

I’m the person who ordered ceramic paddles on April 28 and received them on May 5.

I hesitated to post my delivery date because I had a feeling something like this would happen…

Folks, I completely understand how you feel, but before assuming that WE has done you wrong, let’s wait for Clay’s response.

I have reason to believe that a computer error may have been responsible for my getting ceramic paddles ahead of the rest of you. There were some significant problems with billing and backorder notification when I ordered my Pro-Pack I back in February. I contacted WE about it, and they graciously corrected the problems and, to make up for it, moved up the priority of my Pro-Pack I order. I still had to wait after the second (third?) batch started shipping, but somewhat less time that I would have waited otherwise.

I suspect that my computer record is (or was) still marked with some sort of priority flag that resulted in my getting the ceramic paddles ahead of the rest of you. If I’m right, it was a one-time mistake, not something deliberate on WE’s part, and it doesn’t mean that lots of people who shouldn’t be ahead of you have gotten their ceramic paddles. It may have been just me.

-Clay

BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

welll…. hummm… humbug on all this !

I have an order of these approaching 3 months old. I emailed WE about it at the beginning of this week and got (yes, you guessed it..) NO RESPONSE !

Additionally, I think there are hard feelings because a very well known You Tuber (I am not going to mention any names, if you want the details then PM me,…) that was trying to figure out how to use the WEPS and posting a bunch of YT vids about it then got a good deal of personal support from someone at WE, including a shipment of ceramics to him just about 30 days ago. SO the whole thing is getting / creating some hard feelings .

I don’t want to go on a rant here about YT, but I do feel that it would be best if it would just go away. There are so many pretenders and mis-information posted on that site that it has the danger to do more harm than good for WEPs, what with all the mis statements and mis-direction about the device that is posted there. If WE wants to post its own vids, for instructional purposes or whatever, then they would be much better served by something like http://vimeo.com/ In any event, I certainly would not support these 20 year old wanna-be’s that post on that site, I don’t care how many “subscribers” they have ! The last vid that that particular YTer posted, although it was very complimentary to WEPs and rated it above some other systems (as he mirror polished a few blades with his new ceramics 😉 ) DID contain tons of technically inaccurate information on the WEPs and on the technical details and subject of sharpening in general. So what good can possibly come of all that?

OK, I fell much better after that rant. That’s all from me for now… I will crawl back in my corner, sit down and be a good from now on. I promise B)

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thanks for wringing at least a little smile out of me on this topic and for the feedback. I have to take responsibility for getting the ceramics to said YT poster because I was on the phone w/ him the day his 50/80 stones were going out and was able to drop the ceramics in the same box to save on shipping. I’ll check out Vimeo for posting our vids, it does seem to be much more professional.

welll…. hummm… humbug on all this !

I have an order of these approaching 3 months old. I emailed WE about it at the beginning of this week and got (yes, you guessed it..) NO RESPONSE !

Additionally, I think there are hard feelings because a very well known You Tuber (I am not going to mention any names, if you want the details then PM me,…) that was trying to figure out how to use the WEPS and posting a bunch of YT vids about it then got a good deal of personal support from someone at WE, including a shipment of ceramics to him just about 30 days ago. SO the whole thing is getting / creating some hard feelings .

I don’t want to go on a rant here about YT, but I do feel that it would be best if it would just go away. There are so many pretenders and mis-information posted on that site that it has the danger to do more harm than good for WEPs, what with all the mis statements and mis-direction about the device that is posted there. If WE wants to post its own vids, for instructional purposes or whatever, then they would be much better served by something like http://vimeo.com/ In any event, I certainly would not support these 20 year old wanna-be’s that post on that site, I don’t care how many “subscribers” they have ! The last vid that that particular YTer posted, although it was very complimentary to WEPs and rated it above some other systems (as he mirror polished a few blades with his new ceramics 😉 ) DID contain tons of technically inaccurate information on the WEPs and on the technical details and subject of sharpening in general. So what good can possibly come of all that?

OK, I fell much better after that rant. That’s all from me for now… I will crawl back in my corner, sit down and be a good from now on. I promise B)

-Clay

Jamie Baldwin
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 31

Thanks for wringing at least a little smile out of me on this topic and for the feedback. I have to take responsibility for getting the ceramics to said YT poster because I was on the phone w/ him the day his 50/80 stones were going out and was able to drop the ceramics in the same box to save on shipping. I’ll check out Vimeo for posting our vids, it does seem to be much more professional.

^^ A valid point and a great opportuninty missed here ….:huh:

Kay
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Hi Everyone, this is Kay from Wicked Edge Customer Service and Dealer Relations with an update regarding the Super Fine Ceramics that have been on back order since mid-September 2011.
    We finally have the Super Fine Ceramic Stones Packs back in stock after a long, long wait. We are very happy to let you know that we have begun shipping the back ordered Super Fine Ceramic Stones as of last week, according to original purchase date. It will take us approximately 10 more business days to complete the whole back order and we will be sure to email tracking numbers on the specific shipping date.

Thank you again for your continued patience. We will have 60+ Super Fine Ceramic Stones in stock after the back order is complete and another production order coming in approximately 6 weeks.

Allgonquin
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 51

Raising hand…. Order 2664, placed December 2…. please make sure I’m in the queue, thanks.

Stephen Gardner
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 13

I previously submitted a post stating my order numbers and the fact I have not received any ceramic paddles at that time. It’s been over 3 weeks of more frustrating waiting and I have yet to receive any of the paddles I ordered. I’m close to being done with WE…

BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

I previously submitted a post stating my order numbers and the fact I have not received any ceramic paddles at that time. It’s been over 3 weeks of more frustrating waiting and I have yet to receive any of the paddles I ordered. I’m close to being done with WE…

Stephen,
    I can certainly understand, but there are workarounds to this issue. See my post:
    Home Brew Lapping Plates

Unless you absolutely need “ceramics” to accomplish some particular reason/goal, you can do very well to get to what might be possible goals for you of either “very good/excellent” edge sharpness, or the goal of “mirror polish” without the necessity of using the ceramics.

There is a group of us working on the creation of a numeric sharpness tester jig, whereby we get actual number readouts on various sharpening progressions (not guessing with phone book paper slicing!). The jig is still in development, so I can not get you one yet to test your own results with, but I have checked the results on this jig regarding the “WE Ceramic Stone Issue” against my home lapping progression above, and if it makes you feel any better you are not missing that much just because you do not have the “ceramics” B) In other words, there are other ways to skin that cat.

Joyal Taylor
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 52

I can understand your frustration. I just received my ceramics 2 days ago that I ordered on Feb 27th, over 3 months ago. I had lost patients too and finally reached a point that I figured I would never get them and simply stopped thinking about them. When they did show up I was pleasantly surprised. And I used them on 3 knives already. They are great and were worth the wait.

It may not help to say but I can practically guarantee that you’re going to love those stones when you finally do get them. Let us know when they do arrive and if they are everything you expected of them.

john james
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Hello,
    I ordered and paid for my ceramics, Dec. 17, 2011 and I recieved them about two weeks ago!…
    Yes, waiting sucks, but things happen. Their sharpening system is really efficient, and I’m glad to have it, Wicked Edge seems to be determined to do the right thing, and I believe that they really care about their customers…Give’em a chance, I did’nt start complaining until about 2, or 3 months ago.

Braham Belferman
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

waste of my time

Tim Budzynski
    Participant
    • Replies: 3

I have been waiting for my back order for the ceramic paddles to be filled since the end of Jan. Kay and Kyle responded to my email in mid May and said to expect my backorder to be filled within 4 days. It is almost a month and now I am getting no responses to my emails. I am very frustrated.

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 47

I understand your frustrations. But if I were you I would just call them. I have always had better luck calling them than I have emailing.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.