Advanced Search

Backlog uodate

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Backlog uodate

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Doug Williams
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 43

Well, I’m definitely looking forward to the 800/1K paddles, the 600 is still quite an aggressive metal cutter. Leaves a decent edge, but I haven’t been able to get one to shave off the 600s YET. Probably still my technique there, the edge is clean but fairly toothy. They’re starting to break in nicely, though.

Will we have the Shaptons available on the site soon, Clay?

I just knew you were going to say that. :S You are forcing me into the Pro Package. Let me know if I need another set of strops for the 1 micron and .5 micron sprays. :whistle:

Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 84

Buaaaahahaha~

Well, I’ll have to see how the strops work once I get the finer grit abrasives, the edge is still way too rough to benefit much from them at this point. I was talking to Ken from CKTG the other night about the Shaptons, he’s got more or less anything a guy could want, all ready to go… Cursed lack of cash! Next month, I think I’m going to try to pick up a Shapton set that picks up from the diamonds, probably a 8K/15K set.

Doug Williams
    Participant
    • Replies: 43

Buaaaahahaha~

Well, I’ll have to see how the strops work once I get the finer grit abrasives, the edge is still way too rough to benefit much from them at this point. I was talking to Ken from CKTG the other night about the Shaptons, he’s got more or less anything a guy could want, all ready to go… Cursed lack of cash! Next month, I think I’m going to try to pick up a Shapton set that picks up from the diamonds, probably a 8K/15K set.

Thanks! I think, (watching cash fly away) :S I’ll be interested in your opinion on how the fine Shapton’s work compared to the strops.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Buaaaahahaha~

Your stones still need a lot of breaking in. Just new like that they are really rough. You can gently rub like grit to like grit for 3-4 passes to speed it up or you can just do a bunch more knives. 🙂

-Clay

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 80

We experience the same thing when polishing injection molds with absolute mirror finishes on different mold steels. It’s not just with stone abrasive either. We will use diamond paste on a hickory stick or balsa stick, but not step down to the last paste right away. We will use the last paste right after the paste 2 steps above it to wear it down before we actually need that grit size. Then continue down the grits, and then go back to the last grit we wore down 2 steps ago, to finish our mirror surfaces.

Dan
    Participant

Sounds like a plan to me, I’ll just have to find a bunch more dull steel to play with. B)

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Replies: 80

Also, this is all done under high power microscopes, because the surfaces are so small being polished you can’t see them with just a simple flip down 10 power eye loupe band.

Larry
    Participant
    • Replies: 44

Well whom on this forum did receive their WE systems? How do you like them so far? Anything you want to say?
    What was your order number so us still waiting might have hope.:(

Bitten by the envy bug
    Lucky

Dan
    Participant

Received mine last Monday, the Pro-Pack minus the 800/1K plates that are still running behind. So far I’m quite impressed, although the plates are still VERY coarse. That will greatly improve as they break in, I just haven’t found enough dull knives yet to play with. The angle-holding is (as designed) darn near perfect. I was 2119.

And getting it won’t help, it’ll just move you on to drooling over accessory stones. Mmmm, Shapton…. :cheer:

David
    Participant
    • Replies: 23

#2271 here and still waiting. I gave away my Spyderco system and dont want to use my DMT. Letting my knives go dull…. Maybe they have something against New Yawkers….

Ronald Stenbro
    Participant
    • Replies: 9

2207 here. I was told that mine (Pro-Pack) would ship Monday, minus the Fine/Ultra-Fine plates.

Todd
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 13

Thats good news. I think my order number is just slightly higher than yours. Also for a Pro Kit.

I was wondering if Clay was going to ship the kit and then ship the backordered stones. Which is how I was hoping he would do it.

Dan
    Participant

Yup, that’s exactly what he’s doing. I’d bet you’ll be able to play with yours soon!

David
    Participant
    • Replies: 23

I hope they’re not holding up delivery of the system to ship w/ additional stones to save a bit of $$ on shipping. I would gladly pay separate shipping!

Dan
    Participant

My pro-pack came without the missing plates, with a note that they will ship separately as soon as they come in.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.