Advanced Search

Any news of Pro Pack 2 upgrades?

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Any news of Pro Pack 2 upgrades?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey Clay did the arms fit properly on the samples?

Yes, they fit great.

-Clay

Charles Rich
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 16

I’m so excited; I just can’t hide it. :woohoo:

wickededge
    Keymaster

I’m about to lose control and I think I like it… 🙂

-Clay

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I want the new arms. :whistle:

Good news!

Brian Ledford
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 14

How long are we looking at before they start shipping ?

wickededge
    Keymaster

I hope we’ll have them in to start shipping at the end of this week.

-Clay

Rob
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 14

Sounds good, Clay. I’m sure everyone is cranked up for them to arrive.

Rmorris7

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

Hi Clay,
    I assume that you’re shiping the new ProPack 2’s also?
    I have to ask, the wait is making me crazy, even if I’m 2,345,854th in line for one…

😆

Thanks!

Matthew
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Clay, will the PP2 be available for sale on the website? How do I order one (or are they all pre-sold at this point)?

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hey Matthew,

I’ll be listing them on the site this week (I hope) though you can pre-order them over the phone any time.

Clay, will the PP2 be available for sale on the website? How do I order one (or are they all pre-sold at this point)?

-Clay

Cory
    Participant
    • Replies: 31

New around here but I have a somewhat related question. I know from this that the pro pack 2’s are soon coming but what about all of the other items that I see people talking about on the forum. For example all of the different ceramic stones. I only see one set for sale and people are talking super fine, micro fine, and Ultra fine. I have looked everywhere and I don’t see them on the site. A little help please???

wickededge
    Keymaster

New around here but I have a somewhat related question. I know from this that the pro pack 2’s are soon coming but what about all of the other items that I see people talking about on the forum. For example all of the different ceramic stones. I only see one set for sale and people are talking super fine, micro fine, and Ultra fine. I have looked everywhere and I don’t see them on the site. A little help please???

Sure! 🙂 We are out of stock right now on the Superfine 1200/1600 Ceramic stones. They’re on order, maybe 3-4 weeks out. The Extra Fine/Ultra Fine stones are diamond plates and you can find them here: Extra Fine 800 Grit/Ultra Fine 1000 Grit Diamond Stones Pack and here are the ceramic stones that we have in stock (and that I’m loving more and more): Micro Fine Ceramic Stones Pack I hope that helps.

-Clay

Cory
    Participant
    • Replies: 31

Thank you Clay. Are you using the super fine and the micro Fine in place of stropping or prior to?

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thank you Clay. Are you using the super fine and the micro Fine in place of stropping or prior to?

It really depends on what I’m going for. I almost always strop though I’ve been having a lot of fun finishing with the Micro-Fine stones. Another thing I like to do is finish the blade with the strops and then add a micro-bevel with the Micro-Fine ceramics.

-Clay

Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

I just spoke to Kay at WE by phone to make a change to my order. I wanted to add the curved porcelain stones for use on my ZT recurves and she recommended going from the 1000 grit flat diamond stone to the 600 grit curved ceramic to the leather strop with 5 and then 3.5 micron diamond paste and then to the 1.5 and .5 micron strop and then to the kangaroo just naked with no paste to get the best mirror polish on my recurves.

I think I will start a new thread with this discussion, but what I wanted to add here is that she also said they did not expect the newly calibrated base rods for another 2 weeks or so, but that they expect to have by Friday this week, the new arms and everything else for the Pro Pack 2, so they are going to ship my Pro Pack 2 with the old calibrated base and new arms and would follow up with shipping the new base when they get it in, in a couple of weeks. In the mean time I can use the cube level to measure my angles for the rods and this is good because I can also break in my new stones on some old knives and learn to use the system while waiting for the newer calibrated base. Very nice.

Cudos to WE and Clay and his wife and staff for their outstanding customer service and commitment to their customers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.