Advanced Search

Any news of Pro Pack 2 upgrades?

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Any news of Pro Pack 2 upgrades?

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    craftyhack
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 48

October 2, 2012

Good news – I just spoke with our supplier and the new Base Rods shipped yesterday, so we should have them in another day or two and then we’ll be sending them out.

Great news! I think? This means shipping complete PPII orders (my orders #’s are 10655 and 10728, second one I called to add more stuff when I came looking to see if the serration sharpening solution I have seen you mention was posted yet), or just shipping upgraded components to those with PPI systems?

I debated and researched for months between this (well the PPI) system and the other one (EPA), and honestly not very long into my research I had made up my mind IF COST WERE NO OBJECT. BUT in my case, it definitely is, hence the months of research. I finally ran across this video from someone I know from various forums as someone who knows he is doing comparing the two systems(NOTE: Most of the cons for the WE system the YT poster describes have been addressed with the additional stones and polishing options available and the newer arm system, making the decision for me even MORE of a no brainer):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGo3pKhp6L8)

combined with your (Clay’s) “let’s use a file to destroy this knife and fix it again” video with an excellent edge in like less than a minute (NO WAY you could do that on an EPA, that thing takes too long and too hard to get consistent blade placement from one sharpening to the next making things worse, AND you have to tape the blades too since it is wet), I decided there was only way way I could go and not regret it, additional cost or not. I have never regretted buying the best (once I have toiled to pay it off :)), but have many times regretted making compromises, ending up going back and buying what I should have bought to begin with :). So I called to order the PPI in early Aug, and I added a bunch of additional stuff (courser and finer stones, granite base upgrade, pretty much everything on the site except the japanese wet stones :D), when they told me about the WEP PPII coming out with the upgraded base system with more adjustments, etc. AND that it included more than half that I was ordering as extra with the PPI, so the PPII it was! It was perfect timing, placed the order, been anxiously waiting ever since…

Anyway, I am curious what the ETA’s are for August orders of the whole system, as I have just been buying new blades to EDC and throwing the dull ones in a box to sharpen when my PPII and extra stuff gets here. At least that is how I am rationalizing my purchasing addiction :). Plus, hunting season is coming up…

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the great post. Everything is in stock and Kyle is getting them out as fast as he can. We’ve gotten through most of the massive back-order we’ve had so it’s going faster now. It’s hard to know where your order is in the pile, the best thing would be to call on Tuesday after the holiday to check, but I can’t imagine it will be much longer since he’s moving so quickly.

-Clay

craftyhack
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 48

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the great post. Everything is in stock and Kyle is getting them out as fast as he can. We’ve gotten through most of the massive back-order we’ve had so it’s going faster now. It’s hard to know where your order is in the pile, the best thing would be to call on Tuesday after the holiday to check, but I can’t imagine it will be much longer since he’s moving so quickly.

Thanks Clay! You are a good boss giving everyone Monday off :), most of the companies I know other than govt and banks don’t have tomorrow off!

I will call on Tuesday and check with Kyle. BTW, Kyle was the one who helped me through my first order (I had several questions being new to self sharpening systems), and Kay helped me with my second add-on order(where of course I had more questions and asked for advice). Just wanted to let you know they were both awesome, extremely patient, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful, making the difference between me buying just a few things vs. going all out and over my budget by a good bit (talking with impatient or grumpy CS makes me not want to give $ to that company if you know what I mean). I will sort through the budget thing, no worries about that, maybe I can sharpen knives for others to make some $ :).

Thanks again for the update!

Jerrie Barber
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

Just a heads up folks. I received an e-mail yesterday with tracking number included. And if all goes well and The Lord holds his return, I should, by all accounts, have my PP2 upgrade on Monday 15 October. I am assuming that some that per-ordered should be receiving similar e-mails. I will get pictures up as soon as it arrives and all is set up. Hold this restores confidence and excitement for those who have been anxiously waiting.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.