Advanced Search

Any news of Pro Pack 2 upgrades?

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Any news of Pro Pack 2 upgrades?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Cory
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 31

Add a micro bevel? Your talking over my head but, I learn fast.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Add a micro bevel? Your talking over my head but, I learn fast.

Let’s say you sharpened a knife at 17 degrees per side and that you went through all the grits you had and polished with the strops until you created a super smooth bevel. Next you might change the angle to 20 degrees per side and do a few light strokes with a fine stone like the 1000 diamonds, the micro-fine ceramics or a waterstone. You’d be creating a very tiny bevel at 20 degrees that will have some extra toothiness to it which might suit your cutting requirements. If you do a search on the forums, you’ll find a lot of conversation about the virtues of super smooth and toothy edges and the kinds of tasks to which each are suited.

-Clay

Andrew Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

Any hints, updates, or info on the Pro Pack 2 shipping soon?

– Andy

Sven Schläfke
    Participant
    • Replies: 10

I hope we’ll have them in to start shipping at the end of this week.

Shipping is one thing but they are not even listed until now ;=)
    Any news?

wickededge
    Keymaster

Soon 🙂 we’re just waiting on the new degree bars to arrive.

-Clay

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Well… I got my new base bar and the arm sliders that Clay so kindly replaced for me (even though in my ignorance, I butchered the originals up).
    I bolted it all together yesterday and everything is working fine. The calibrated markings are great and etched or cut to be more visible than before. I do use the angle cube, but they are nice to have anyway.
    Just thought I would let everyone know that I am very happy with the new parts, and even more so with the nice folks at WEPS and the customer service that they provide.

Phil

des sch
    Participant
    • Replies: 3

Well… I got my new base bar and the arm sliders that Clay so kindly replaced for me (even though in my ignorance, I butchered the originals up).
    I bolted it all together yesterday and everything is working fine. The calibrated markings are great and etched to be more visible than before. I do use the angle cube, but they are nice to have anyway.
    Just thought I would let everyone know that I am very happy with the new parts, and even more so with the nice folks at WEPS and the customer service that they provide.

Phil

Hey Phil, are these the bars that have extended angles for the new arms?

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Yes they are.
    Keep in mind I odered my upgraded arms and sliders almost a month before they were even in house at WEPS. I think I got one of the first few sets sent out. I also was one who had the problems with one of the early base bars that did not allow the new sliders with tighter tolerances to slide freely. In error I filed the inside of the sliders to make them work. This did the trick, but also allowed them to rock a bit at certain places on the rod. I called and talked to Kay, then Clay and told them my story. The put me on the list very early to get a replacement bar and new (even though I screwed them up) sliders.

I don’t know how this all fits into the overall shipping schedule for the new arm sets and PRO Pack II kits. Apparenly though, the new bars must be available. I am sure the sets could be going out once everything is ready at WEPS.

Long answer to a short question, but I thought the whole story would be helpful for anyone anxiously awaiting their arm upgrades or PRO Pack II sets.

Phil

wickededge
    Keymaster

10/1/2012 Update

Many thanks to Fred Hermann for kindly nudging me to keep people updated 🙂 We received 25 of the new Base Rods at the end of last week and have been shipping those out. That was all the supplier produced before their engraver went on the fritz. They since have got it back up and running and are working on the remaining pieces. I’ll be able to get an update from them in the morning with an ETA for the rest of the pieces. We have everything else in stock so once the rods come in, we’ll be shipping fast and furious. Thankfully we’ve mostly eliminated our backorder folder and also have some extra help in-house right now so things should roll pretty quickly. If you’ve got a Pro-Pack II or Upgrade on order, thank you very much for your patience. I can say very confidently that these new parts are awesome and you’ll love using them.

–Clay

-Clay

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

*grins*

CHEERS from the back bleachers!

Sven Schläfke
    Participant

10/1/2012 Update

Many thanks to Fred Hermann for kindly nudging me to keep people updated 🙂 We received 25 of the new Base Rods at the end of last week and have been shipping those out. That was all the supplier produced before their engraver went on the fritz. They since have got it back up and running and are working on the remaining pieces. I’ll be able to get an update from them in the morning with an ETA for the rest of the pieces. We have everything else in stock so once the rods come in, we’ll be shipping fast and furious. Thankfully we’ve mostly eliminated our backorder folder and also have some extra help in-house right now so things should roll pretty quickly. If you’ve got a Pro-Pack II or Upgrade on order, thank you very much for your patience. I can say very confidently that these new parts are awesome and you’ll love using them.

–Clay

Hey Clay you are pretty funny! “If you have a ProPack II on Backorder…..”

I AM STILL WAITING FOR IT TO APPEAR ON THE WEBSITE SO I CAN LOOK WHAT IS INCLUDED AND SO I CAN ORDER WHAT I NEED!

I’m waiting a damn long time now for any relieable info (included pieces/price) and it seems behind the scenes the new WE Pro Pack II gets shipped while I do not even know a way to order!
    So probably I will be last in line and probably can’t even order one before they run out again.

Really, not to offend but I’m pretty pissed now, waiting for any info / chance to order just to hear they get shipped already. Seems others are somehow able to order….

Sven.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hi Sven,

I’m sorry you’re feeling pissed. I haven’t wanted to list them on the site yet since we don’t have all the parts but people have been calling in and pre-ordering, plus we took some pre-orders when we introduced the Pro-Pack II at Blade Show, which are the ones we are shipping now. Blade Show as back in June. You’re welcome to call in anytime. I’ll also send you a PM with all the specs of both the Pro-Pack II and the upgrade and we can handle your order via email, PayPal, the phone or whatever your preference is. Once the Base Rods come in, I’ll be listing everything on the site.

10/1/2012 Update

–Clay

Hey Clay you are pretty funny! “If you have a ProPack II on Backorder…..”

I AM STILL WAITING FOR IT TO APPEAR ON THE WEBSITE SO I CAN LOOK WHAT IS INCLUDED AND SO I CAN ORDER WHAT I NEED!

I’m waiting a damn long time now for any relieable info (included pieces/price) and it seems behind the scenes the new WE Pro Pack II gets shipped while I do not even know a way to order!
    So probably I will be last in line and probably can’t even order one before they run out again.

Really, not to offend but I’m pretty pissed now, waiting for any info / chance to order just to hear they get shipped already. Seems others are somehow able to order….

Sven.[/quote]

-Clay

Sven Schläfke
    Participant

Hi Clay,

since I am located in Germany calling in and discussing all was no option.
    Sure, if you can send me information of the new Pro Pack 2 by mail please that is ok for me, but isn’t that much more time consuming than just posting it on the site?

Therefore, please send me informatin on the ProPackII (included items + Price + Shipping to Germany)

Also I would like to know if the Ball Bearing Arms will be in there or if they have to be bought additional later on.

My mail address is the one I did register with, but will send you as PM.
    Thanks!

wickededge
    Keymaster

October 2, 2012

Good news – I just spoke with our supplier and the new Base Rods shipped yesterday, so we should have them in another day or two and then we’ll be sending them out.

-Clay

des sch
    Participant
    • Replies: 3

Yesss, thanks Clay for the update!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.