Advanced Search

Any news of Pro Pack 2 upgrades?

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Any news of Pro Pack 2 upgrades?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

At the risk of sounding like a nag, and possibly upsetting someone, I can’t help but wonder if there has been any news regarding the new arms or any of the other Pro Pack 2 upgrades. I read a post from Clay about a week or so ago that he was expecting prototypes of new arms and other upgrades, but haven’t heard anything since. I know he is busy and working as hard as he can to get this new product out to users. I would just like to know of any progress or even lack of progress. Has anyone spoken to anyone at WE to see if the new parts were up to spec and ready to be mss produced and delivered to the many customers waiting so see them? I thought I would just post this here instead of calling WE. I am guessing that others may have already bugged them by phone for info.

I believe I am asking what others also want to ask or are wondering about. Any word on how far out delivery might be for new and upgrading customers? Perhaps it would could be possible for Clay or his staff to post weekly or semi weekly updates. I am a bit surprised that there isn’t more info on the website since they are actually offering these new arms and products for sale by phone.

Charles Rich
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 16

I too am curious, but I ain’t botherin nobody. I ordered Pro Pack 2 about a week ago, and I was told they’d be shipping out in about a week.

edit: but also that I was #15 in line. Not sure if that’s 15 Pro Pack 2’s ahead of me; also not sure if there are 15 or more Pro Pack 2’s ready to go, etc or if I’ll be waiting on another batch of goodies.

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

I noticed Howes Knife Shop had five Wicked Edge Pro Pack II kits come and go last week.

Jerrie Barber
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

I could be bad mistaken but if I’m not the Pro Pack 2 that Howes is advertising is there own set up of stones and bases. Second my daughter knowing I want the upgrade ordered it for me on Friday. Kay said that they should be in there office in two weeks then delivered to those who have ordered. Hope this shines a little light.

Sven Schläfke
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 10

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a Pro-Pack and did think to have seen the Pro-Pack 2 on this site but can’t find it anymore.

Has it been removed?
    How did you order it?
    What exactly is included?

Since I know there is a waiting list I would like to be able to order what I need now (instead wait until it is back on the website again) but I don’t know how!

Also I can’t find the Super-Fine (or Ultra?) Ceramic stones nowhere on the site. Where are they? I just can find the Micro-Fine ones but not the 1200/1600 ones.

Can you help?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey guys,

We haven’t added the Pro-Pack II or upgrade kits yet because we’re waiting on the new degree bars to come in. We decided that the new bars needed to be part of both kits for a couple of reasons so there is a slight delay on listing the kits while we wait. It should be very worth the wait since it will expand the range of angles a bit and be calibrated to the new arms and riser.

We will be listing the Superfine ceramic stones once the new batch gets in. I don’t have an ETA for those yet.

-Clay

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

Will the upgrade price still be $120 with the new bars Clay?

Thanks for letting us know what’s happening.

Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

I want to say to Clay, thanks very much for your response. Speaking for myself I don’t mind waiting for the improved upgrade kit, and in fact prefer that you delay the distribution so we can have it when it becomes available. I and probably anyone who follows this forum understand that this system is still relatively new and still going through some growing pains and there is a lot to be said for not having any negative unboxing experience when you first meet your new toy.

I would only add that even though it is a work in progress, I, as a new customer and based on the reported back log of orders there are many others who might love to get occasional updates, even if to say that you are still on it but nothing new has happened. The only thing harder than waiting for something you want is not knowing what’s going on with it. That plus, since you don’t actually charge for the purchase until it is delivered, ( rightfully so), it might be helpfully to know when that big hit to my credit card might be coming.

Andrew Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

I ordered the week before last as well and understood the parts would likely be in Monday of last week. I gave WE a call last Thursday but didn’t get anyone on the phone. Until reading this thread I was going to give them a call again today for an update, but with the news from Clay I’ll hold my call.

I appreciate the update and the new degree bars! Please keep us informed about the Pro Pack 2. This is my first WE and I’m really looking forward to it!

Thanks,

Andy

wickededge
    Keymaster

The degree bar samples are due in today for me to test. If they’re working as planned, they should ship to us early next week.

-Clay

Brian Ledford
    Participant
    • Replies: 14

Thanks for the update Clay. I odered the upgrade a couple weeks ago.

Sven Schläfke
    Participant

Thanks Clay,

just to make sure I understand correctly, they will probably be shipped somewhere next time from TW/CN?
    How long does it take to get to you? The shipping TW/CN to Germany takes about 3 weeks.

If I calculate corectly it will be in the US mid next month or maybe a bit later correct?

Just curious since I (as some other also said) need to know when I need to pay that big bucks 🙁

Can you put me on the waiting list so I won’t have to wait 2 more months until since I did register too late ;=)

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thanks Clay,

just to make sure I understand correctly, they will probably be shipped somewhere next time from TW/CN?
    How long does it take to get to you? The shipping TW/CN to Germany takes about 3 weeks.

If I calculate corectly it will be in the US mid next month or maybe a bit later correct?

Just curious since I (as some other also said) need to know when I need to pay that big bucks 🙁

Can you put me on the waiting list so I won’t have to wait 2 more months until since I did register too late ;=)

They’re just coming from our factory in Vermont, so they should’t take too long to get here. If the samples come in today, I should be able to approve them and get them underway. If that’s the case, the lot should be arriving at the end of next week.

-Clay

Sven Schläfke
    Participant

Ah, dass ok, die then I messed it up with Cold steel. They then produce in TW….
    Thanks for the Time frame!

des sch
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 3

Hey Clay did the arms fit properly on the samples?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.