Advanced Search

Advice with Scissors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

I swear this is going to be my last set of scissors!  I do great on a cheap pair of Fiscars or Scotch but when I get a pair of expensive clothing shears or some for pet grooming, the angles on the two blades can differ up to 12 degrees.

So does anyone have a tip for either spreading the angle of the rods out more or shimming up the scissor adapter in order to push the scissor edge over some more?  Right now, the stone angle is right at 26 degrees and I need a little more.  I know I’m not the first person to struggle with this dilemma.

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Richard, you can buy 1/4″ square bar from McMaster Carr and replace the factory bar for more range.. but then again I guess it depends on which setup you have.

Richard
    Participant

Richard, you can buy 1/4″ square bar from McMaster Carr and replace the factory bar for more range.. but then again I guess it depends on which setup you have.

I’ve got the Gen 3 Pro and the scissor adapter.  I’m trying to figure out what factory bar you’re talking about.

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Sorry Richard, not applicable to Gen 3..

Eric
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 17

check this outa at about 3:10

Eric
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 17

Richard
    Participant

Thanks, I’ve seen that.  Believe me, I’ve rotated the adapter as many ways as possible and still can’t get the angle I need.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.