Advanced Search

2014 Blade Show – Atlanta – Who’s going?

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Shows 2014 Blade Show – Atlanta – Who’s going?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’m getting the notification for new posts on subscribed threads but not for PMs. Passed it along to the webmaster…

-Clay

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

glad it’s not just me!

anyway, look forward to meeting up w/ you on saturday!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey guys! Blade is now only 2 days away! We’re looking forward to seeing some familiar faces. We’ll be at Booth #50. We’ll have some of our new accessories to sell and, of course, we’ll be doing free sharpening.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Have fun guys! I’m envious, but fortunately there are Twitter, Youtube and many websites for the rest of us. Enjoy yourselves and please let us know how it is/was!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

I’m envious. Would love to see this show. Please do report back to us, eh?

Clay, you and others will be working, too. Trade shows are exhilarating, excruciating, exciting and exhausting. Take care and really take it all in!!

Good fortunes and safe travel.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Josh
    Participant

Hey guys! Blade is now only 2 days away! We’re looking forward to seeing some familiar faces. We’ll be at Booth #50. We’ll have some of our new accessories to sell and, of course, we’ll be doing free sharpening.

Clay, will you be allowed to take pictures? I didn’t know if the vendors would have the same privilege as media pass holders…

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Hey Josh, got your PM. I didn’t see the PM Indicator since the form interface changed. I replied, and it looked like it went through even though my screen didn’t refresh. I didn’t get an email of the PM. Don’t know if I should have.

I took pictures last year with my cell phone of products. Didn’t know it wasn’t allowed.

I will see you on Saturday.

Josh
    Participant

Yeah when I send a PM it does the same thing… after you hit the send button it goes to a white screen and end up double sending the PM. clay is working on it =) make sure you have your settings right (scroll up on this thread and read). see ya soon!

Gib Curry
    Participant

BLADE Show!!

Thinking about the show today…. most have probably heard about this already but will post anyway.

BLADE Show is doing a “People’s Choice” award this year with voting over the Internet. BLADE says they’ll have photos of all the entered knives by 7pm EST.

Check out: http://www.blademag.com/vot#sthash.Rey4mRmS.dpuf

And vote at: http://wingunsandknives.secondstreetapp.com/2014bladeshow/Enter

One small way I get to participate….

Have a great time everyone — good fortunes and safe travels.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Josh
    Participant

thanks Gib! I didn’t realize this… the first link you posted to view the knives did not work… it went to blade show’s website but said page not found, could you fix/

Gib Curry
    Participant

thanks Gib! I didn’t realize this… the first link you posted to view the knives did not work… it went to blade show’s website but said page not found, could you fix/

Copy & Pasted…. hmmmmm

Try: http://www.blademag.com/blog/steve-shackleford-blog/vote-peoples-choice-award

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

Josh
    Participant

working now thanks!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

And guys, which one have you chosen? (I haven’t selected one yet, the site is rather slow over here.)

Does anyone know of twitter accounts of people going there (apart from Clay’s)?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Gib Curry
    Participant

My first pass-through “narrowed” it down to an even dozen!!

I just poured my second cup of tea and now get to go through those again…. kind of a fun way to start Saturday….

Attendees — have a great day…

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

Josh
    Participant

Well I’m here at blade! Met clay and his wife in person earlier!

This place is huge… Bigger than I expected. I would say it’s probably 300 meters by 350 meters and is packed!

After waking around all day and meeting makers I am struck by a few things…

1. Most makers don’t know how to sharpen
    2. Most knives are designed “function follows form” instead of the other way around like knives should be designed. There’s a lot of “pretty” knives here, but few real users that would have their efficiencies maximized by blade geometry and handle geometry! Very interesting for sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.