Advanced Search

2014 Blade Show – Atlanta – Who’s going?

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Shows 2014 Blade Show – Atlanta – Who’s going?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

So in a few pm’s back and forth, Clay asked me if I was going this year. I hadn’t really thought about it as I haven’t ever been to one other than a local gun and knife show. I talked it over w/ my wife and we will both be going (for Saturday only)! How cool is that??!

It will be good to be able to put some faces w/ names. So if you are going, let me know

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

I’m sure you’ll have fun. A few pics and or short video, if they don’t interfere with your having fun, would be appreciated.

Josh
    Participant

I will sure try! Although my write up won’t be near as good as Gib’s I’m sure =)

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

I will sure try! Although my write up won’t be near as good as Gib’s I’m sure =)

Enjoy.

I just took a look at the list of exhibitors/makers attending: impressive & daunting to say the least. I recognized numerous names as having just been here at the Seattle Knife Show.

Give yourselves plenty of time. There is so much to see. And, I predict, you’ll want to examine closely the fit & finish for longer periods than you currently think you’ll want to!! And you’ll find yourself deep into serendipitous conversations you may not have planned for and wouldn’t want to stop.

Say hello and thank you to Clay & all when you see them.

Safe travels.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Josh
    Participant

Enjoy.

I just took a look at the list of exhibitors/makers attending: impressive & daunting to say the least. I recognized numerous names as having just been here at the Seattle Knife Show.

Give yourselves plenty of time. There is so much to see. And, I predict, you’ll want to examine closely the fit & finish for longer periods than you currently think you’ll want to!! And you’ll find yourself deep into serendipitous conversations you may not have planned for and wouldn’t want to stop.

Say hello and thank you to Clay & all when you see them.

Safe travels.[/quote]

Thanks for the tips! I’m definitely planning on seeing clay while I’m there!

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

BLADE SHOW IS JUNE 6-8 IN ATLANTA.

Link here.

I am planning to come on Saturday. Other than Shot in Vegas, I think this is one of the biggest knife shows.

If there is interest let’s meet for dinner Saturday night.

Geocyclist
    Participant

If anyone wants to meet bring your best WEPS edges. I would like to see other’s work. You are permitted to carry knives into the show.

Geocyclist
    Participant

Bump.

Blade is coming up in a few weeks. I am still planning to attend on Saturday.

Josh
    Participant

Me too… stinks we can’t take photos – at least not “legally” =(

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

That sucks ! Still you will have to burn the images into your hard disk in your head.
    I have not been to any knife shows myself but I can imagine that it probable requires more than one day to really take in what is on show .

Josh
    Participant

BLADE SHOW IS JUNE 6-8 IN ATLANTA.

Link here.

I am planning to come on Saturday. Other than Shot in Vegas, I think this is one of the biggest knife shows.

If there is interest let’s meet for dinner Saturday night.

i sent you a pm but i don’t think the website is notifying ppl of pm’s… only of threads replied to. fyi

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

i sent you a pm but i don’t think the website is notifying ppl of pm’s… only of threads replied to. fyi

Josh, I had the webmaster look into the PM notification issue. Here is his reply:

This is already set up in the forum, but each user needs to decide if they want email notifications sent to them. It is in the settings section when they are logged in to the forum. The default is “No e-mail notification” and that can only be changed by the user of the account.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant

Josh, I had the webmaster look into the PM notification issue. Here is his reply:

This is already set up in the forum, but each user needs to decide if they want email notifications sent to them. It is in the settings section when they are logged in to the forum. The default is “No e-mail notification” and that can only be changed by the user of the account.

[/quote]

thanks for checking into this Clay! I know you are busy getting ready for this weekend… no stress about this!

I have had that setting checked ever since before the transition… it used to email me I believe, but now it’s not. i.e. click on “private messages” on top right hand side of the forum, then scroll down to lower left hand side where it says “settings” . the bubble is filled in that says “E-mail notification of new messages” (i.e. the first one). really weird…

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Josh,

I’d never had mine turned on until researching this. Can you send me a PM so I can check if it notifies me?

-Clay

Josh
    Participant

Josh,

I’d never had mine turned on until researching this. Can you send me a PM so I can check if it notifies me?

sent… see if you get the notification for this subscribed thread first or the pm first. i sent the pm first.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.