Advanced Search

.01 Polycrystaline paste vs .01 Diamond paste

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Basic Techniques and Sharpening Strategies .01 Polycrystaline paste vs .01 Diamond paste

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 33

Ok so i have .01 Polycrystaline spray and not sure if it is better then the stropping paste. In addition when does lapping films come into play? I have .1-.9  Diamond Lapping films

The strops I have

Balsa, Leather, Kangaroo and Nano cloth.

What is your thoughts on the sequence to put a mirror edge on a knife as well as toothy Micron Bevel

Lastly I have seen people show their knives not cutting paper. They then strop on a laether strop with maybe 10npasses and their knife is now cutting phone book paper

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

https://support.wickededgeusa.com/portal/en/kb/articles/sharpening-grit-progression-for-all-wicked-edge-abrasives

The forum’s search function and the forum’s menu or category list may not be working right now.

The Wicked Edge website’s “Knowledge Base” and it’s search works just fine.  You’ll find answers to many of your questions there.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Kenneth
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 33

Thanks Marc. My phone gives me limited functions on here. I didnt even see the small bar used for searching.

I’m pretty new to forums as well as being a completely newbie to sharpening

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

The “Knowledge Base” link button is in the banner across the very top of the browser screen on my smartphone.  The search field you see at the top of the forum page is to search for products on the “Wickd Edge” website.  That search is not for the “Knowledge Base”.   There is a separate search feature within the “Knowledge Base”.

Also, a properly worded “Google” search including the key words “Wicked Edge Forum” is a good way to find previous posts that contain the information you seek.  I have good results using this method.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.