Advanced Search

Pro pack II set screws

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Pro pack II set screws

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

I’m guessing “no”…consider us teased!

I’ll have to send in the spies.

Wicked Edge is trade marked, can’t talk about the patents I found though. 😉

craftyhack
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 48
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

That’s one 🙂 The rest aren’t public yet as they’re still pending.

-Clay

craftyhack
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 48

Hello, any update on the recall versions of the screws and brackets? I am ready FINALLY to ship my WEP PPII to a friend for review, but I cannot send without the recalled parts, wouldn’t be a very good review, the last thing I want to happen :/.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

They’ve gone out, so you might give ’em a call if you haven’t heard anything.

Daniel Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 22

Just received a new Pro Pack II from Howes Knife Shop (last one he had too) and noticed the issue with the set screws immediately. A quick search then turned up this thread. I’ll be needing those replacement parts too. Just fired off an email to support@wickededgeusa.com and thought I’d post here too to make sure it doesn’t get lost in the noise. I was stoked to start sharpening tonight, but I’d rather wait until all the parts are as designed first.

~Dan

Daniel Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 22

Oh, and as far as the set screw for the micro-adjustment, why not use a fully nylon bolt, like this (cut down to appropriate length):
    http://rtlfasteners.com/RC/716.html

The rotational forces on that screw should be small since the arms are swinging relatively freely on the ball joint.

~Dan

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Just a thought, You can sharpen with what you have. If the screws will snug down enough to keep the slider and/ or the micro adjustments from moving all is good. When you get replacement parts, just swap them out.

I only post this because I know that “I” would be raring to go to use my new machine. Worst case, you can start breaking in your diamond stones… until you get replacement parts. Nothing should change enough to make your efforts in vain… with the new parts !! AND, you are wasting time in getting going

🙂

The nylon screw idea, including nylon plugs or nylon tipped set crews for the micro adjust lock has been talked about. It will be interesting to see what the good folks at Wickededge come up with on that going forward.

Phil

Just received a new Pro Pack II from Howes Knife Shop (last one he had too) and noticed the issue with the set screws immediately. A quick search then turned up this thread. I’ll be needing those replacement parts too. Just fired off an email to support@wickededgeusa.com and thought I’d post here too to make sure it doesn’t get lost in the noise. I was stoked to start sharpening tonight, but I’d rather wait until all the parts are as designed first.

~Dan

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

Just received a new Pro Pack II from Howes Knife Shop (last one he had too) and noticed the issue with the set screws immediately.~Dan

Hi Danny, what a shame they didn’t bother to tell you about the recall. 🙁

Put a bit of a matchstick or a lead shot or similar soft material in the micro adjust screw hole.
    If you just tighten the screw you have down harder, it will score your ball joint stud thread.

As for the bracket slipping, reverse the angle bar and don’t use the angle dimples.
    Screw against the flat surface instead.
    If you do this and use the angle guage, the micro is not needed.
    You can tighten up the ball joint and remove the lock screw altogether.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.